Scheelhaase Interview

CloneB

Jun 7, 2014
Always impressive hearing Coach Scheelhaase speak and answer questions. So even keel but answers questions pretty openly/honestly. I feel like he’s changing from an up-and-comer to a rock star right before our eyes.

Great recruiter, coaching multiple position groups, knowing each group’s strengths/areas to improve.. some of this is obviously ‘part of the job’ but he’s absolutely a huge asset to the program.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Always impressive hearing Coach Scheelhaase speak and answer questions. So even keel but answers questions pretty openly/honestly. I feel like he’s changing from an up-and-comer to a rock star right before our eyes.

Great recruiter, coaching multiple position groups, knowing each group’s strengths/areas to improve.. some of this is obviously ‘part of the job’ but he’s absolutely a huge asset to the program.

We need to do everything in our power to keep Nate here. I know he has seen increased responsibility, but it feels like sooner or later he will be a head coach somewhere.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
We need to do everything in our power to keep Nate here. I know he has seen increased responsibility, but it feels like sooner or later he will be a head coach somewhere.

We’ve been lucky to keep him as only a position coach.

Texbudman

Nov 20, 2012
Arlington,Tx
Obviously hope CMC stays for 20+ more years but if he does leave I hope coach
Nate is still here to take over.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
I have nothing but good things to say about the guy and from all accounts he's awesome. But what do people base these takes on?
Young, former QB, comes across as extremely bright. My hunch is given his background he'd maybe be more willing to lean into aggression more as an OC, and I'd love to see that. I think he'll be one somewhere soon, and I suppose I'd rather that be here than elsewhere given his recruiting chops.

Reactions: davegilbertson

Dirtguy4CY

May 4, 2022
Could the CO OC thing work between him and Manning? Both would have a position group and both have some say in the offense. Manning would go back to also coaching the O-Line in this instance hopefully.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Could the CO OC thing work between him and Manning? Both would have a position group and both have some say in the offense. Manning would go back to also coaching the O-Line in this instance hopefully.
In theory, yes, but I'm not sure how you get Manning to agree to that. Maybe he loves being here and being on the staff enough but I'm not counting on that happening.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I have nothing but good things to say about the guy and from all accounts he's awesome. But what do people base these takes on?
Nothing. They like Scheelhaase and hate Manning, so their conclusion is that Scheelhaase should replace Manning every time someone goes wrong, even though no one on CF has any idea if Scheelhaase would actually make a good O.C. or not.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Would love to be a fly on the wall in the coaches room when the topic of Randy's latest stupid question comes up.
He's probably legendary with the coaches. Don't tell new coaches about him and sit back and watch it unravel. Like that old half senile uncle that shows up at family outings. And after a few drinks just says the craziest s***.

Reactions: southernfriedCY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron