Sad thing about the portal & NIL

BBB83

Jan 5, 2014
Giving kids money like this in college will lead to a lot more kids who had professional capabilities flaming out in college. They will now have all this money and no one to guide them. No sports agent will be around to give them advice. They will get lazy and waste their opportunities. It will also attract low life people hanging around them bleeding them dry for wine, women and song. This is impending disaster. Many of these kids will end up with no money and no college degree. That's a shame!

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Giving kids money like this in college will lead to a lot more kids who had professional capabilities flaming out in college. They will now have all this money and no one to guide them. No sports agent will be around to give them advice. They will get lazy and waste their opportunities. It will also attract low life people hanging around them bleeding them dry for wine, women and song. This is impending disaster. Many of these kids will end up with no money and no college degree. That's a shame!
Not sure how this much different than 1-and-done's in the NBA, etc.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
the-simpsons-think-of-the-children.gif

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Love me some Helen Lovejoy but an 18-year old isn't a child.

You're an adult. Old enough to marry, vote, smoke, die for your country, etc.

The fact that a lot of these kids are going to somewhere between hilariously and tragically waste vast swaths of money they'll never see the like of again is just a realistic observation.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

The fact that a lot of these kids are going to somewhere between hilariously and tragically waste vast swaths of money they'll never see the like of again is just a realistic observation.

I’m here for it, too.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

That's exactly my point. These aren't children. If they **** it up, and blow all of their NIL money, well... that sucks. Nobody to blame but themselves.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

They're not children but they are kids? This is very confusing.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
That's exactly my point. These aren't children. If they **** it up, and blow all of their NIL money, well... that sucks. Nobody to blame but themselves.

Yeah, I feel so sad for all those young adults and their hundreds of thousand (or possibly millions) of dollars.

BBB83

Jan 5, 2014

How do you think this kid will do in college with this deal? Given his family lineage, I bet not well. This just fuels his demise. Why should he have gotten NIL money over some other more worthy kid?

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

How do you think this kid will do in college with this deal? Given his family lineage, I bet not well. This just fuels his demise. Why should he have gotten NIL money over some other more worthy kid?

The free market?

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN

Good point. If you have time could you make a list of current Cyclones who should and should not be given money? I think your guidance could really help ensure no one makes mistakes by getting more money than they should.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Don’t immediately put the sins of the father onto a kid.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Who are we to decide who's more worthy? Pretty sure businesses can choose whoever they want to hire as representatives for their brand.

It's not any of your business nor mine. If you don't like it, don't go to Hooters

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Exactly.

There are a lot of adults that will make poor decisions with a level of money they’ve never had before.

There isn’t an adult that would advocate an 18 year old to turn down a sure $500k over doing the same thing for basically free.

The fact that not all of these players will make wise decisions is nearly as pointless as pointing out seatbelt deaths.

Reactions: Cyclones01

Help Support Us

Become a patron