Ryan Anderson Commits!

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
https://news.theopenmat.com/high-school-wrestling/top-ranked-ryan-anderson-picks-iowa-state/69212

Top-Ranked Ryan Anderson Picks Iowa State

The top-ranked 145 lber in the nation, Ryan Anderson of Bethlehem Catholic, Pennsylvania, has made his college choice, and that school is Iowa State. Not only is Anderson ranked atop his weight class he’s also number nine overall in the Class of 2019. Within the last year, Anderson has won titles at the Journeyman Fall Classic, the Super 32, and the PIAA AAA State Championships. He has also placed third at the Walsh Ironman and second at Escape the Rock. As a sophomore, Anderson placed third at the Pennsylvania State Championships while competing at 126 lbs. During his junior season, Anderson started the year at 132 pounds, but moved up to 138 and has wrestled some matches at 145 lbs in the offseason. Some of the other schools that were under serious consideration for Ryan were NC State and Rutgers. Anderson is the second wrestler from the Class of 2019 to give the Cyclones a verbal joining Fargo Junior National finalist Aden Reeves.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Great addition to Reeves! Welcome aboard! He isn't very tall for anyone who saw him yesterday - probably a 141 in college with the possibility of wrestling 149 (I would say doubtful though).

isufan2

Nov 15, 2014
Great addition to Reeves! Welcome aboard! He isn't very tall for anyone who saw him yesterday - probably a 141 in college with the possibility of wrestling 149 (I would say doubtful though).
I agree on 141. I said that to Ryan. Maybe 149 by senior year. Great pickup.
He is a goer. Fun to talk too.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
Showing your true colors.

I guess when our RTC is made up of a former football player and Gadsen there isn’t much need to add another coach. Thankfully our fundraising has gone to help pay our staff rather than bringing in top athletes.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I know he is working on a big one.. But we might have to wait a year or two to see the fruits of that labor ;)

isufan2

Nov 15, 2014
Combined with his past success against national competition, Luchau has earned All-American recognition seven times, which is the first time a Selma wrestler has accomplished that feat.

“Getting All-American [honors] and other things that I’ve done, I’m trying to put Selma on the map,” Luchau said.

With his success against high school and national competition, Luchau has received interest from various NCAA Division I schools including Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Cal Poly, California Baptist and Fresno State. After he’s completed with his official college visits, he expects to make a verbal commit soon after.

ewe_turn

Aug 10, 2018
Cody is from Madrid which has a sharing agreement for wrestling with Woodward Granger. Cody has trained with the Ubasa Wrestling Academy the last couple of years.

• Informative
Reactions: buf87