RV Parking lots for games

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN
We’re thinking about getting an RV parking pass. Does anyone have recent pictures of what the RV lots look like on game day (both donor and public at vet med)? Also, what’s the process/procedure when you get there? Do they tell you where/how to park? If you have a travel trailer or 5th wheel, do you need to remove your tow vehicle from the lot?

Any other helpful information?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
We’re thinking about getting an RV parking pass. Does anyone have recent pictures of what the RV lots look like on game day (both donor and public at vet med)? Also, what’s the process/procedure when you get there? Do they tell you where/how to park? If you have a travel trailer or 5th wheel, do you need to remove your tow vehicle from the lot?

Any other helpful information?

I'll say that if you have an RV or a camper, you better be ready to show up the night before or really early on gameday. Those "aisles" get pretty crowded with stuff early on. If you have a 5th wheel, you don't need to unhook and I don't know if you even can leave with your truck and come back. They are a little more lax the night before though.

Reactions: wxman1 and RLD4ISU

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
This year is probably going to be a lot different than past

For sure. Guessing there will be more space and less people with single game tickets joining a tailgate party in the RV lots. But, I really doubt that we see a big decrease in the number of RVs. Those are all donors and enthusiastic fans. They are going to get tickets.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
In normal times, new RV folk need to be considerate and ask questions as they park. There are several areas where groups have gathered in the same rows for years and tailgate together. I’d be sure to ask someone about that before just taking a parking spot. Helps create positive relationships right out of the gate. You might even find yourself invited to join a group of people!

Reactions: Cycsk and RLD4ISU

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
With the ticket and parking changes, will NEW/first time RV passes be available?

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
With the ticket and parking changes, will new RV passes be available?

If the purpose is "spacing" in the parking lots, there is no issue in the RV lots. We are spaced out more for the Hokeye game than the regular car lots will be, even if they only use every other parking spot.

I think the big changes will be in the car parking, not the RV parking.

josh4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2012
Ames, IA
In order to get a new RV pass in one of the D lots you will need to donate at least $2500. They have a lot of people that have been in those lots for years and have a ton of points at the $1000 level. So anyone new needs to out donate them.

We have been camping in vet med since 2011. Back then we could show up at 10pm on Friday and be one of only a handful of campers other than the uni or Iowa game.

Now a days every game we have to line up before 5pm along south 16th St just to get in the lot. For the Iowa game we pulled in around noon.
It can be pretty frustrating honestly. Every year they put a new person in charge and they want to change some aspect of it with no input of anyone who was involved the year before.
But once you finally get parked it's am amazing experience. A lot of great groups that park in vet med every year. You can leave with your tow vehicle and go get food and come back. I just wouldn't recommend that on game day, traffic can get out of hand.
One thing to consider is in years past. When it rains and they close the grass lots. The people with g7 passes get bumped to vet med. So RVs are not allowed in vet med. Some games we have been allowed to park in the ag lot on mortenson. But that is smaller lot and for good weather games they will fill up quick.

Help Support Us

Become a patron