Rutgers' B1G Money Issues

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA

With all the realignment and revenue talk, I thought everyone would enjoy reading about Rutgers' money issues. Having more money, does not mean you have better ability to manage said money. Thank heavens we have JP!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

With all the realignment and revenue talk, I thought everyone would enjoy reading about Rutgers' money issues. Having more money, does not mean you have better ability to manage said money. Thank heavens we have JP!
Meanwhile, in an office in Iowa City, Gary Barta whispers, "Hold my beer..."

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Reading that, Rutgers should be ticked at the big ten. Other teams made 40 MM year to 50MM some a year while they got 10MM. And most of the increase was due to their TV markets they brought in. The other big ten schools did Rutgers dirty.

• Agree
Reactions: Cloneon and harimad

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
Reading that, Rutgers should be ticked at the big ten. Other teams made 40 MM year to 50MM some a year while they got 10MM. And most of the increase was due to their TV markets they brought in. The other big ten schools did Rutgers dirty.
I thought I heard somewhere that they took some reduced money for some time up front to help pay off a lot of their debt that they had before joining the Big 10?

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021

But Rutgers has great alums. The best alums. The finest alums. I know because I lived on the East Coast.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I thought I heard somewhere that they took some reduced money for some time up front to help pay off a lot of their debt that they had before joining the Big 10?
Unsure. According to the article their buyout was 11.5 and the university kicked in 6.5. The U not the AD. The article didn’t mention it.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I couldn’t spend that much money if I tried. Good lord

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

Why?
They are clearly in a conference they have no business being in.
They have not competed in a single sport since joining.
They will be making more money going forward than they ever could have imagined in Big East.

Rutgers came out more than ahead here.