Rhoads/FB Projects

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: SOUTH ENDZONE TO GET BOWLED IN

Well maybe I streched a little but...

A. There is already a post about it
B. He said Murph and Andy show, it was first mentioned on the Matt and Miller show.

Fair enough.

I knew there was already a thread but I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he was sending it from his phone.

I totally missed him listing the wrong show.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

Like I said before I see no reason to add more seats to JTS, we can't even fill up what we have now and the new endzone would add a lot more seats that we would NOT be able to fill up.

It actually does not add that many seats. It improves the look so it looks a lot less like a high school stadium and more of a big time stadium. Kind of important to recruiting. If recruiting picks up. We get better. We get better and more people come to watch and that equals more money. See how that works.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Like I said before I see no reason to add more seats to JTS, we can't even fill up what we have now and the new endzone would add a lot more seats that we would NOT be able to fill up.

get some better info. we have something like 42k actual seats after adding the suites. go back through our attendance figures the last few years and see how many times we have exceeded that number.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT.jpg

This is both inappropriate and totally appropriate at the same time.

This is exactly how this news makes me feel..LOL...perfect!

CyVik7

Nov 15, 2010
Altoona, IA

Well maybe I streched a little but...

A. There is already a post about it
B. He said Murph and Andy show, it was first mentioned on the Matt and Miller show.

Well I heard it on the Murph and Andy show. My bad. And I never saw the other thread about this subject. Again. My bad.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It is not the stadium that wins games, it is the players.

Correct, as Johnny used to say, "You gotta have the horses, man!"

But the players want all of the bells and whistles and a more impressive stadium can help to land a larger quantity of quality recruits.

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes

Like I said before I see no reason to add more seats to JTS, we can't even fill up what we have now and the new endzone would add a lot more seats that we would NOT be able to fill up. The reason why the hills are packed is because it is a bunch of kids and their parents. Parents are not going to buy somewhat expensive season tickets for their kids who will play during the whole game and no't even what to go to every game, that is why we have the clone club because it is accepted for multiple sports, and it is cheap. Eliminating the hills is not going to pack the stadium seating very much because most people who sit on the hills are clone club members and their parents, so will all the clone club members get to sit in the south endzone seats or will they just overpack the other 2 overpacked hill sides? I think it will add a a lot more seats than you think it will. It will be at least 2-3 times the size of the current bleachers. Come game day when half of the new bowling part isn't filled it will make recruits not want to come because it makes it look like we have a bad fan base, also most of upper deck in the current stadium will not be filled. If we were close to selling out I would say yes lets do it as soon as possible, but because we are not at that point we should not do it.

calm down buddy. the initial phase isnt going to have the upper deck bowled in.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california

Don't you think four and five-star athletes want to compete and train in up-to-date facilities and stadiums? JTS and the current football offices have an impact on recruiting, CPR has said as much. With the built in disadvantages that ISU already has, we need to give the football program every chance to compete on an even playing field.

If the money is there, this needs to happen.

Last edited:

MB4CY

Aug 29, 2009
Norwalk, IA
Definitely exciting if this is really going ahead. Heck, I'm excited just to see the first rendering of the new scoreboard they plan to put up.

Perhaps we can expect to hear some real details released in conjunction with the kick-off of season ticket sales, to help drum up interest?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Cmon CW....give us the details...get on the phone...get us some drawings/concepts...and for god's sake get us some coupons!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
If there's anything we should have learned during the conference realignment fiasco, Iowa State HAS to make these investments not just to be competitive athletically, but to maintain the best chance to be relevant as a university if things are shaken up. If ISU had fallen out of a major conference, the damage would have extended far beyond athletics. Past years of failing to make these investments put us in the position where we had to be scared of being left out, and these investments show that our university has learned from those failures.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyForPresident

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009

You obviously know very little about how college football works. This is not the NFL where you draft players. This is not high school where you do not get to choose the players in your district. This is college football and that means you recruit players.

Having a beautiful bowled in stadium regardless of whether there is 1 person or 50,000 people present is better then having a stadium with an open end zone. Further, having a football only complex helps recruit players.

So a stadium does not win games but it recruits the players that win the games. I have no idea why people cannot understand this rudimentary point.

cy8

Apr 26, 2010
Correct, as Johnny used to say, "You gotta have the horses, man!"

But the players want all of the bells and whistles and a more impressive stadium can help to land a larger quantity of quality recruits.

So you are saying if we had Ohio states stadium that we would be amazing? I think if we had their stadium it would look bad because it wouldn't even be half full for every game, what 5* recruit would want to play at a large empty stadium? NONE. Would you rather have a large empty stadium with bad fan support or a smaller sold out stadium with great fan support.

Players want to play for good teams that win more that 8 games not teams that win 5-6 and just make or miss a bowl game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhoadhoused

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
So you are saying if we had Ohio states stadium that we would be amazing? I think if we had their stadium it would look bad because it wouldn't even be half full for every game, what 5* recruit would want to play at a large empty stadium? NONE. Would you rather have a large empty stadium with bad fan support or a smaller sold out stadium with great fan support.
Do you see kids rushing to play at UNI?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron