RECRUITING: Morrow sets visit, Juiston visit info

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm just saying there's no point being dramatic and making it out worse than it is

Plan A is out the window. We're on to Plan B. Not that big of a deal yet. If we get down to Plan D or worse, then we can probably just go to the "it's a rebuilding year, just enjoy watching these young guys".

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Didn't it take until June to get Kane? I could be remembering that wrong, but the grad transfer market may not be done
Grad transfers don't sign letters of intent so can still be recruited up to the moment they are enrolled and on campus.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
To be honest I feel like not getting Juiston is a positive for two reasons a better shot at getting Morrow and with things a little less cluttered a better shot at Race next year. May not be as great this season but big picture we should be in better shape.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
To be honest I feel like not getting Juiston is a positive for two reasons a better shot at getting Morrow and with things a little less cluttered a better shot at Race next year. May not be as great this season but big picture we should be in better shape.
I envy your Kool-aid over-indulgence.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
He doesn't need to be at a fairly long 6'7", but in the few games I watched of NU freak athlete never came to mind. I wonder how much he'll expand his game with a year off. Does he add some ball-handling and expand his range? Some NU fans claimed he didn't want to play an undersized 5 role.

Yes, Morrow is an extremely athletic forward. Ball handling and range don't make you a freak athlete (I know you didn't say it did). The guy is a rim protector and if he's healthy I wouldn't be surprised at all if he averages a double double his junior and senior seasons. That's pretty dominating.

I'm sure opposing fans watched entire games last year of Burton and had the thought 'I don't see what all the fuss is about'. These guys aren't playing pickup YMCA games it's hard to catch windows to flash superior athleticism.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Yes, Morrow is an extremely athletic forward. Ball handling and range don't make you a freak athlete (I know you didn't say it did). The guy is a rim protector and if he's healthy I wouldn't be surprised at all if he averages a double double his junior and senior seasons. That's pretty dominating.

I'm sure opposing fans watched entire games last year of Burton and had the thought 'I don't see what all the fuss is about'. These guys aren't playing pickup YMCA games it's hard to catch windows to flash superior athleticism.
Imo he's not a freak athlete. At least if freak means elite. A good athlete? Sure. Elite toughness. A redshirt year should be good for him, as he needs to add more skill to reach the level of our recent forwards. He's done very well on effort and toughness, albeit on a very average team.

Hopefully we can land him.