Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Awesome news. Welcome aboard!

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Does this mean we can all stop freaking out now about our basketball team for next year? Prentiss Nixon will be Big 12 Newcomer of the Year, Solo will be back manning the middle, Haliburton will escalate his game, MJ is back, Conditt and Lewis will step up, and this team will be more fun to watch than last year's!

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Big news! Itll be fun to watch the careers of Grill, Nadolny and Wheeler play out but Grill was #1 on my wish list.

I just had a hard time getting excited about a 5'8" guard. That is so small. Also, the keys are being thrown to Haliburton to lead this team. He is a natural facilitator and Grill seems to be the most natural scorer between Grill, Nadolny and Wheeler.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Does this mean we can all stop freaking out now about our basketball team for next year? Prentiss Nixon will be Big 12 Newcomer of the Year, Solo will be back manning the middle, Haliburton will escalate his game, MJ is back, Conditt and Lewis will step up, and this team will be more fun to watch than last year's!
handle/post. Some validity to your post. The ceiling won’t really compare but the growth will be really fun to watch. Less hero ball will be a nice change.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Welcome to CyclonAtion Caleb.

Really nice pick up for Prohm/ISU. A freshman class of Tre Jackson at PG/CG, Caleb Grill CG/SG, Leech at SF and Luke Anderson at SF/PF has a nice mix of talent projected interchangeable rolls.

Plus as I can already see grill gifs, videos, and references CFer's will now be able to use when CG splashes a 3 will be epic.

Reactions: GTO and aauummm

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Most likely. We also probably won’t get Rayjon Tucker but 1 of those 3 are probably the key to being a tournament team next year. Grill is a nice start but we need more.

Please I think most will agree this is not the thread or time for this statement. Please try to enjoy a commitment from a good player who had good offers who will contribute to ISU.

We can all worry about the last two schollys tomorrow, let CF and Caleb have this thread appreciate his commitment.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Good luck with that. It's a never ending downer for some people.
Lol. I said nothing but positive things about Grill and said hopefully we can use this momentum and add 1 more key player and that it would be a successful spring. I could say the most positive thing ever and people will still say it’s negative. Once you get a reputation on this board, nothing you ever say will matter. Someone will find a way to make it negative.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
An (I assume local) article on Grill's commitment.

enior Caleb Grill officially announced Iowa State as his new home.

“It was the best all-around fit for me,” Grill said this morning. “With all the things I was looking for in a school, they were a little better in every category.”

https://maizenews.com/14700/sports/caleb-grill-picks-iowa-state/

Grill re-opened his recruiting in March after South Dakota State released him from his letter of intent following coach T.J. Otzelberger’s departure to UNLV.

“I feel relieved,” said Grill, who just moved up to No. 145 in Rivals’ Class of 2019 prospect list. “It was tough making a decision that fast — but I feel confident in my decision.”