Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I just have this feeling it’s gonna be Oregon and then Washington and Arizona follow. ASU and Utah get left for dead.

yeah, the big 12 isn't going to stay at 13.

If the big 12 goes to just 14, its because we added Arizona, and OU\UW decided they can try to cobble together the remainder for a few years hoping for a big 10 invite (hoping they can dominate the conference like Oklahoma did the big 12)

If the next addition is Oregon\Washington , the conference will end up at 16 members, because they'll want a travel partner in the other, and then you'll need one more to make it even. Have to imagine at that point Utah\Arizona\ASU would be pretty desperate, giving the big 12 all kinds of leverage.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I would guess Oregon. They don't fit the B1G nearly as well as UW. UW has bigger/better tv markets (matters to BTN), better academics, larger endowment... just a better B1G fit.

People think Oregon is great because they have had football success, but as an institution UW is much closer to the rest of the B1G than Oregon. IIRC, I said earlier in this thread that Stanford is likely higher on B1G list than Oregon. So put my chips on Oregon as the mystery fit.

Although it also could be a BY rumor to get AZ off the pot lol. "I see many things… I see plans within plans"
Pollard being a track guy is putting the screws to Yormak to get Oregon to bolster the Big12 track and field. . . . . .

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Pollard being a track guy is putting the screws to Yormak to get Oregon to bolster the Big12 track and field. . . . . .
Pollard is friends with the Oregon AD so this isn't out of the realm that they are working an Oregon move too.

Reactions: NATEizKING

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Nope, Yormark was the beneficiary of a really dense Pac12 commissioner, made Bowlsby look like a genius. LOL

Give me a break. Yormarck's outmaneuvering the Pac to land a favorable media package, and then working behind the scenes to get us to us to our current state has to be one of the most impressive performances ever by a P5 commissioner.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Why are they obsolved of all slights. They left because they saw greener pastures and it turned out to be gravel. I understand why the B12 will want them them but for me personally they can go to hell.
The 365Sports guys discussed during a podcast earlier this week. The age old chicken/egg who's to blame for Big12 instability- Texas or Nebraska?

They mentioned that back in 2010ish the Pac12 approached only members of the Big12 South Division about a merger. So Texas, A&M, Tech and OU would join Pac10. Baylor was a no because of religious affiliation. My assumption is Okie State was excluded because of academics. The merger didn't happen because Texas wouldn't give up tier 3 TV rights.

But those talks by the Big12 South schools were the impetus for Nebraska, Mizzou & CU to explore new conferences. Along with Texas refusing to bundle its Tier 3 rights with other Big12 schools after the Longhorns decided to stay in Big12 (A&M to SEC).

So I have a tough time blaming CU, Mizzou or even Nebraska for leaving the Big12. Tough because I valued those old Big 8 rivalries over any we have now with Texas schools.

Last edited:

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Give me a break. Yormarck's outmaneuvering the Pac to land a favorable media package, and then working behind the scenes to get us to us to our current state has to be one of the most impressive performances ever by a P5 commissioner.
This. The Big 12 wasn't scheduled to start media negotiations until this year. He got it moved up a whole year and snagged the deal before the Pac 12, a deal that likely wouldn't have happened this year given what is going on with ESPN and the difficulty the Pac 12 is experiencing.

BY is already a Big 12 legend in my books.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
This. The Big 12 wasn't scheduled to start media negotiations until this year. He got it moved up a whole year and snagged the deal before the Pac 12, a deal that likely wouldn't have happened this year given what is going on with ESPN and the difficulty the Pac 12 is experiencing.

BY is already a Big 12 legend in my books.
Yep. If he doesn't go early, the Big 12 is in the exact same spot the Pac is right now.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Thought I saw something that said the board meeting tomorrow being public is very significant because when a vote is taken, it must be public

4pm CT I believe

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron