2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'm still in the just add Arizona and pause at 14. If we go to 16 then add Washington State and Oregon State. The are better fits and don't duplicate TV markets. Plus it adds two more rivalry games with Big 10 schools.
Not a chance. They add nothing. BY would add Gonzaga or UConn before he added Oregon State or Wazzu, (in lieu of ASU or Utah)

• Agree
Reactions: StLouisClone

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I think we can now assume here it is for awhile. Rebrand it as the New Mexico Stranglers Conference.
https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.substack.com%2Fmedia%2FFWq7U3XWIAIMC1r.jpg
Oh man it looks like common sense to add Alaska and Hawaii too.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Did you ever think in your lifetime you would see the demise of a national, powerhouse conference, completely dismantled in about 3 days? PAC 12 has some amazing traditions, rivalries, and a lot of national championships. It was gobbled up, and now will probably be just a memory for most people.

Kind of bittersweet, but more of a reflection of the greed and power of these universities. Money is the only thing that matters in college football, nothing else matters. Not the fans, not the alumni, not the coaches or staff, just the dollars. What an amazing turn of events, and like some have said, better to be at a crowded table, than to not be at the table at all.
For a bunch of really smart schools they did a bunch of stupid ****.

Reactions: Drew0311

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Please don't add Washington State and Oregon State. They're on the same level as Colorado State when it comes to football.
Not really. From a fan interest standpoint CSU isn’t even a mediocre G5.

But of course OSU and WSU shouldn’t happen. Hey, you know that league that couldn’t get a passable media deal when they still had Washington and Oregon? Yeah, let’s add the two lowest value brands in that league and see what happens.

People need to stop comparing ISU to them. In the eyes of national people that still think it’s 2010, sure. But in a world where value requires eyeballs and fans willing to proactively seek out content, a historically dog crap program drawing 50k plus even in disappointing seasons, can get more viewers vs Okie State head to head cs Notre Dame vs Pitt, and travels like they do to bowls looks pretty solid.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
ASU and Utah have been stupid in this but one thing I love is we've added two big rivalries. It's the best part of college football. Utah vs BYU is going to be amazing for the league. It's why I want Pitt really bad. That WVU vs Pitt game last year was lit

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
What are the top 2? I'm guessing Minnesota-Wisconsin is one of them, but ....?

I tend to have trouble find "longest-continuous" even with extensive search. ... Easy to find "most games played."

Me too, I just know it comes up in broadcasts sometimes, it's really up there especially for major conference teams.

Help Support Us

Become a patron