Rate your COVID Mindfulness

How stringent are you in following COVID Protocols?

• 5 - I follow all guidelines perfectly.

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 4 - I am very diligent, constant sanitizer and mask on 100% of time I am out of house.

Votes: 83 41.5%
  • 3 - I wear a mask to be safe, but just a much because I have to.

Votes: 84 42.0%
  • 2 - Meh, I regularly forget a mask, not too concerned.

Votes: 17 8.5%
  • 1 - Zero precautions, I will get it if I get it, yolo baby.

Votes: 14 7.0%

• Total voters

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I would say I am solidly in a 3. I wear my mask when out at the store. I wear a mask mostly in public outdoor space; if no one is around, won't wear one, but once people are close by, put it on. In Newport, it is required to wear a mask in their downtown area, so I wear one while we are out and about there.

Haven't really gone out very much. We have been together with some people for social gatherings, but probably only enough to count on one hand. And the people we were with take follow guidelines too. Overall, we have stayed put except for a few excursions.

The gym I go to closed for a while, but they gave us limited equipment (dumbbell/kettlebell) to do workouts at home. Several months ago, they opened the gym back, with about half of normal capacity for classes, so I have gone back. For most of the summer, we held classes outside and only needed to wear a mask when going inside the building to grab equipment to bring out. Now that the weather is turning, we are moving indoors more often, we have to wear a mask when walking around the gym, but once we get to our assigned space, we can take it off.

Last month we started eating at restaurants, choosing only places to eat outside. Would wear a mask until we were at our table, then we would take them off. Now that the weather is turning, we have to consider if we are OK eating indoors.

So in summary, we are doing everything required in Rhode Island. As a whole, the state has done a pretty good job. While I have not looked at the per capita numbers from the start until now, but I would say Rhode Island has done very good compared to others.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
So I know some people who attended a wedding recently and that caused much discussion about doing unnecessary or even careless activities in light of COVID. My take is everyone thinks they are appropriately following necessary measures, no matter what choices they make, but everyone else is more careless. For example "yes I go out to eat, but I distance and wear a mask so it is safe, but I cannot believe anyone would go to a wedding with that many people!"

So with that, it got me thinking, how good are you at following guidelines, recommendations, and protocols? I may not have done a very good job with response selections, so let me add a scale, 5 - I follow COVID guidelines perfectly; 1 - I do not concern myself with those guidelines.

Our approach (with 3 kids who are under 7 years old):

1) Avoid indoor public places
2) If indoor public places are required, mask 100% of time
3) Outdoor activities safe, mask 0% of the time.

• Agree
Reactions: throwittoblythe

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Frak, what kind of symptoms did you have if any?

Chills, lack of energy, shortness of breath. Big trouble sleeping at night. Most went away after 10 days. Still don't have my wind back.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Could you still spread it via surfaces?

Doubt it since my symptoms are gone and I'm supposedly clear. I'll start wearing masks again in a few weeks.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Anyone have any idea how long you're supposed to wear a mask when someone enters your apartment? Had a couple maintenance people come in to replace my washer and dryer and have no clue how long I am supposed to stay masked up indoors.

My google skills aren't helping

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Anyone have any idea how long you're supposed to wear a mask when someone enters your apartment? Had a couple maintenance people come in to replace my washer and dryer and have no clue how long I am supposed to stay masked up indoors.

No idea but I think the aerosols can last up to 3 hours.

If able to if it were me I'd leave and come back in about 4 hours, then wipe everything down.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

I got this paragraph

"Aerosols are emitted by a person infected with coronavirus — even one with no symptoms — when they talk, breathe, cough, or sneeze. Another person can breathe in these aerosols and become infected with the virus. Aerosolized coronavirus can remain in the air for up to three hours.Oct 16, 2020 "

from this website:

I agree with what Madguy said.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA

If you're concerned just open all your windows for a short time. Surgical and cloth masks stop droplets not aerosols anyway.

Reactions: ISUCyclones2015

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Well I kept it on for 6 hours and had the windows open for 5 and wiped everything down. Best I can do I suppose.

I am so mad they had to replace the things. They were working fine. They apparently were renting them so their contract was up... Awesome cool thanks.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron