Rasir Bolton Visiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
FYI, Bolton is not known as a plus defender.

I saw one of the college basketball guru's on twitter call him more of a high floor 2 guard as transfer. The pros are he can really heat up as a scorer and can create his own shot to some degree. The cons are he can be turnover prone and not a good defender.

Obviously another pro would be he has multiple years to improve his game/body and has already flashed high upside in year 1. This is just one guy's scouting report but thought I'd share. If I can track it down on twitter i'll link.

That’s like copy pasta for every non one and done college underclassman.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

I saw one of the college basketball guru's on twitter call him more of a high floor 2 guard as transfer. The pros are he can really heat up as a scorer and can create his own shot to some degree. The cons are he can be turnover prone and not a good defender.

Obviously another pro would be he has multiple years to improve his game/body and has already flashed high upside in year 1. This is just one guy's scouting report but thought I'd share. If I can track it down on twitter i'll link.

Informative. Thank you.

I did not expect him to be a plus defender -- I was more meaning he would have to make up for his relative lack of size by other means, but thank you for clarifying.

If he is the volume scorer (at decent efficiency) that you describe, then he fits the roster fine, even if you have to hide him on defense. At least you would have two plus defenders on the wing with Tyrese and Nixon (from what we hear) to hide him behind.

If he keeps developing on offense and achieves some level of competence on defense either next year or subsequent, then I think we found ourselves a good catch.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines

So he's basically Wigginton.

• Agree
Reactions: isu83

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
"I plan to hire and agent and test with the full intent of straying in." This coupled with conversations stat Steve and Lindell probably had behind closed doors screams time to move on.

I told my wife "I fully intend to fold the laundry"... And I HONESTLY meant to!

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Yeah, you have to think that last slot is Bolton or Wigginton. The timing is “suspect.”

Now — can Bolton play next season?

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
Is there still chance that Wigginton comes back?

Real honestly, I think Wigginton has a lot of physical gifts. And he can get hot and pull you out of the fire on some nights with his shooting. But I'm not really convinced that he's a team player...and although there have been some exceptions, teams win championships...not players. And the few exceptions to that rule were a lot more talented.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Is there still chance that Wigginton comes back?

Real honestly, I think Wigginton has a lot of physical gifts. And he can get hot and pull you out of the fire on some nights with his shooting. But I'm not really convinced that he's a team player...and although there have been some exceptions, teams win championships...not players. And the few exceptions to that rule were a lot more talented.

Until Lindell announces or the deadline to pull out of the NBA draft passes (May 29th) there is a chance, all be it a very slight one. Rasir is right to wait until it is official though, it is in his best interest to know the guard he'll be competing with before committing to any program.

Prohm wants an experienced scoring guard for next year and getting Wigginton is the best option for the team next year. Rasir would be an excellent addition and potentially could fill the role of scoring guard but, we don't know how he'll fit at ISU or even eligible for next year. Wigginton style and play for ISU is know and while there are some flaws, which he will be working on to play PG, there is no doubt about his talent and the team knows how to play with him.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think there's at least a 50-50 chance or greater that LW comes back. It's just a feeling.

I was at the CR tailgate tour stop, and Prohm had a couple questions regarding kids leaving early for the NBA, and all he mentioned was THT leaving, and he never brought up LW at all.

He would say things like.... "well.... when you've got kids like THT with their kind of potential and upside and can see why they leave early and you try to help them as much as you can." But he would never say anything about LW.

It just left me feeling like either LW was coming back, or at least still very much on the fence.