Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Wow. Watched NCIS tonight. It wasn't teh one that was supposed to be on, it was a repeat that I must have missed last spring. The ending montage was set to a rendition of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". Brought back memories...it was the same song that was used for the montage in West Wing in the episode where CJ's designated Secret Service agent Simon Donovan is killed in a random bodega robbery...one of my favorite episodes of West Wing.
Shivers...

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
new recipe tonight. Soup that involves tortellini, sausage, tomato, cheese, cream, kale.

It's pretty delish and also seems to be good luck for the Cubs. DH much happy and well-fed.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Settle an argument for me. If someone were to come up to you today and ask "What are you doing next Saturday?", would you think they meant 11/5 or 11/12?

I assumed they meant 11/12, because they said "next".

They said they meant 11/5 because it is "the next Saturday".

If you're talking about the upcoming Saturday, wouldn't you say "this Saturday" or just "Saturday"?
I'm probably one of the few who think 11/5. We're still far enough from the weekend that I think of Saturday as next Saturday. By late Wednesday or on Thursday I'll be thinking of the 12th.
Stripping, refurbishing a table, pretty much the same thing.
Well she needs something to stand on while she's stripping.

And going back to what words/phrases annoy you, it depends on the context, but I hate words like "epic" or"destroy" on the internet. My facebook feed will occasionally have articles about how a young girl had an epic comeback that completely destroyed the other person's argument and it drives me nuts

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
doing a little happy dance now. Young couple, wife went to church camp with one of our sons. She's been coming to our New Years Eve party for around 15 years...from CR. About 13 years ago she called & asked to bring a guest. Turned out a guy asked her out & she told him she was coming to our party and invited him to come with her. So their first date was at our NYE party. He proposed to her at our NYE party 3 years later. For the first six years of their marriage they went through all kinds of procedures & two miscarriages before finally having a healthy boy about 18 months ago. She just told me she is pregnant again, without even going through the fertility treatments. WHOOHOOO!!! Some days, good things happen. :)

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Rulz thanks for reminding me to pressure the in-laws into having thanksgiving in the evening.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Watching the battle of Chosin on public television, what a brutal battle that was, pretty stark documentary. Very informative and poignant though.

Status
Not open for further replies.