Random Thoughts 17: Here we go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I thought 7-8 hours on a plane was bad. How do you deal with 17?
KC and Lew do it right and pay for the upgrade to business class or whatever gets the lie flat seats and what not so it is much more comfortable than us peasants in coach.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Girls state wrestling on radio. Either it’s bad action or the announcer blows because he makes it sound like 7 year olds wrestling

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Some interesting developments in the CR area medical wise. A couple of years ago Mercy bought a building in Hiawatha and turned it into a remote ER that can basically handle everything but stuff that you actually need an hospital for and if you do they pay for the ambulance ride downtown.

This week rolls around and they announce they are going to build another one in Marion. MrsWx is very confused where they are going to get the staff for it especially when they are also building what is going to be the largest assisted living facility.

Now today her employer announces they are also opening a remote ER in Marion, albeit right on the line with CR.

I personally find it intriguing and look forward to the possibility of basically getting urgent care 24/7 closer and hopefully faster than at the main hospitals.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
The one time I actually need my dash cam, it wasn't recording. Took my mom to Milwaukee this morning for a small procedure. Had to leave at 4:30 to be there by 5:30. Got done, left and a couple miles down the road, got sideswiped by a minivan trying to avoid rear ending a stopped vehicle. I saw what was going to happen and tried to stop in time but got hit. Just some cosmetic damage is all, I might be able to fix myself.

Just got home and popped the memory card in to my computer, turns out it hasn't been recording since November.

• Angry
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Mom told me that when she was being wheeled in, the nurse asked if I was still in high school.............................. ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Also, what is it with people thinking a 55 minute drive is a long ways away? Another nurse and the cop that showed up both thought that being an hour or so away is a long distance. I guess when you live in a big city, you don't need to go far for anything.

And also, apparently wearing any kind of Badgers apparel outside of attending a game means you're some kind of super fan. A couple of the nurses made comments about my hoodie like they've never seen one before. Could've just been because I was in Marquette territory.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Some interesting developments in the CR area medical wise. A couple of years ago Mercy bought a building in Hiawatha and turned it into a remote ER that can basically handle everything but stuff that you actually need an hospital for and if you do they pay for the ambulance ride downtown.

This week rolls around and they announce they are going to build another one in Marion. MrsWx is very confused where they are going to get the staff for it especially when they are also building what is going to be the largest assisted living facility.

Now today her employer announces they are also opening a remote ER in Marion, albeit right on the line with CR.

I personally find it intriguing and look forward to the possibility of basically getting urgent care 24/7 closer and hopefully faster than at the main hospitals.
Opening these urgent care centers take the pressure off the ER's so they can actually work on emergencies. Too many people go to the ER for non emergencies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Opening these urgent care centers take the pressure off the ER's so they can actually work on emergencies. Too many people go to the ER for non emergencies.

That the interesting thing is they market them as actual ERs not urgent cares so they will have more capabilities and be open 24/7. In fact the new one they will build in Marion is right next to an existing doctors office and urgent care facility.

10000% agree on people going to ERs for non emergent things. When MrsWx worked in the St Luke's ED it seemed like weekly she would have a story about some parent bringing a kid in for something that really was not that urgent in the middle of the night or other things. Unfortunately there were also many instances of people coming in sick with something and they quickly realize that they have cancer. Then there are the people trying to get drugs and whatnot.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Got a couple of bids on getting my ash trees cut down and removed. First guy gave me a bid that I thought was great. 2nd guy, that I used once before, gave a a slightly higher bid. Then he told me he would match the first bid and come out and do the work tomorrow. The other guy said he wouldn't be able to book it until sometime in March so I told the 2nd guy to go for it.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Mom told me that when she was being wheeled in, the nurse asked if I was still in high school.............................. ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Also, what is it with people thinking a 55 minute drive is a long ways away? Another nurse and the cop that showed up both thought that being an hour or so away is a long distance. I guess when you live in a big city, you don't need to go far for anything.

And also, apparently wearing any kind of Badgers apparel outside of attending a game means you're some kind of super fan. A couple of the nurses made comments about my hoodie like they've never seen one before. Could've just been because I was in Marquette territory.

Take that compliment while you still can.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Looks like he hit it hard enough to shear off the base bolts and collapsed his box around the pole to hold it up. I'm guessing the city is going to bill him more than his pick up is worth.
I'm sure he'll just try to back it back and forth to try and shake it loose and run. Unless the police can get a plate number off that video. Or maybe someone called the police as this is obviously a case of destruction of public property

• Sad
Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron