Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
You west side people need to know your place. You’re POWER, is east side folks yell CYCLONE.

Daughter was at the game. Not sure where her friend stays. The campus wasn’t in the nicest place when I was there a few years ago.
That's football, dude!

Fans tried to do a Cyclone Power chant several times, but it was kind of spotty as to who was saying what...we were scattered all around the arena. One of the last times we tried it, I hollered Power, Lew hollered Cyclone, and I don't remember what Gr8 hollered, but none of us was together. Ah well, we tried. :D

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Taking LittleWx to the wrestling meet today. Going to be ugly but will still try to have some fun.
We'll be there, too. First time this year for us.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Taking LittleWx to the wrestling meet today. Going to be ugly but will still try to have some fun.

We'll be there, too. First time this year for us.

I haven't been to a wrestling match since 1977. Memorable because of the way the 17-17 tie with Iowa went down. Our heavy only need to not get pinned in the last match. So, of course, he got called for stalling multiple times and than got disqualified. Remember being sort of pissed off since late in the third it was two tired big guys with Iowa dude on top and refs wanting escape moves like from the lightest weights.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I need to quit stalling and climb back into the attic and finish my insulating project. Was too hot this summer. Will be too cold by tomorrow. Sort of the Goldilocks temp right now being in the 30's.

Reactions: wxman1

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I need to quit stalling and climb back into the attic and finish my insulating project. Was too hot this summer. Will be too cold by tomorrow. Sort of the Goldilocks temp right now being in the 30's.

Did you have some porridge and take a nap first?

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Also to the Hilton Attendant that told us we couldn’t stand at the wall while we waited for a match to end before going on but then not caring when we just literally stepped back one foot….okay.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Did you have some porridge and take a nap first?

Ah, hell yes I napped first!

Did finish after another 3 hours or so. Looking pretty damn good up there. Hope I didn't make a mistake by taunting on my out as I closed the attic hatch with a "Who's your daddy now, attic!"

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Windy tonight.
276093bd06b68cc9a8ed5b2e46aec8e8.gif

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Also to the Hilton Attendant that told us we couldn’t stand at the wall while we waited for a match to end before going on but then not caring when we just literally stepped back one foot….okay.

LOL was it a old white haired guy with a mustache? I was visiting with my old high school principal at a MBB game a few yrs ago and kneeled on the steps to make it easier to visit, he asked me to clear the stairs there was literally no people in that section above where we were. That dude likes to powertrip he still ushers.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Ah, hell yes I napped first!

Did finish after another 3 hours or so. Looking pretty damn good up there. Hope I didn't make a mistake by taunting on my out as I closed the attic hatch with a "Who's your daddy now, attic!"

The bats and squirrels are moving in as you sleep.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Ah, I do still have to erect the Rabbit Maginot Line fencing. Saw bunny rat tracks in the snow today. Haven't seen a rabbit since this spring (may he R.I.P).

You can keep that snow up north. Don't need any of that yet.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Woke to a big CRASH around 3:30 a.m. Was thinking someone was breaking in or knocked some big stuff over on the deck. Was the neighbor's 65 gallon recycling bin that blew over and fell off the retaining wall to land 15 feet from bedroom window. Dat wind. And, damn, that was loud!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I haven't been to a wrestling match since 1977. Memorable because of the way the 17-17 tie with Iowa went down. Our heavy only need to not get pinned in the last match. So, of course, he got called for stalling multiple times and than got disqualified. Remember being sort of pissed off since late in the third it was two tired big guys with Iowa dude on top and refs wanting escape moves like from the lightest weights.
Wow - other than the team score implications this sounded just like yesterday's HW match.

• Agree

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Need to get out of pj's and get over to Home Depot. Haven't been since Saturday. One pipe coupling piece short for my heated bird bath project. Murphy's Project Rule, you're always a piece short or have a piece that turns out to be a no fit.

Hermit life may be getting to me. Old workmate emailed me this morning looking for advice on getting rid of an old bike. Called her and ended up talking for an hour. I am not big phone guy so 1:06 on the phone is not usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.