Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Radiation poisoning is my new front runner for worst way to die.

I learned that as a little kid getting scared by this movie. Peeps that didn't die from radiation turned into scary ass monsters. Creeped little BoxsterCy out. Still creeps me out. To this day I don't see under the bed monsters, I see the radiation beasts from this movie.

MV5BYWU3YjI4MTctYmIwMy00Y2QyLWE1ZGItYTQyNjI0MGExOTdmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc4Njg5MjA@._V1_.jpg

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Made homemade pizza today with roasted cherry tomatoes from garden, homemade sauce from garden, caramelized onions, and red pepper from garden a d homemade dough. Extra hard mode with 2 kids. Yummy but so much work!
So do you hire out? I have a red-haired granddaughter to trade :) j/k

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
School starts tomorrow. Not only for ISU, but for the kids too. I'm excited to see how this works as we decided to dual enroll Z this year. She loves online learning.

I really feel for the teachers. There's the mask ban, and parents keep asking about mitigation efforts; which they can't do much of and the under 12s still haven't been approved for vaccination.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
School starts tomorrow. Not only for ISU, but for the kids too. I'm excited to see how this works as we decided to dual enroll Z this year. She loves online learning.

I really feel for the teachers. There's the mask ban, and parents keep asking about mitigation efforts; which they can't do much of and the under 12s still haven't been approved for vaccination.
My mom is terrified she is a 6th grade teacher and she sat out last year but my folks can't swing it this year without delaying their retirement. Seems like only 30% of teachers in her building are masked... And only 70% of district employees are vaccinated. It's no good for anyone.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well the last of the 4 niece sisters got married this wkend it was a gorgeous day, and at the service they had a friend who is a professional singer so the music was outstanding. It was a wonderful day filled with family and friends.

Got a challenging 17 mile trail ride in this afternoon, it was almost more than I was looking for but it was really fun. I didn't remember how challenging the west side of the park was.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I learned that as a little kid getting scared by this movie. Peeps that didn't die from radiation turned into scary ass monsters. Creeped little BoxsterCy out. Still creeps me out. To this day I don't see under the bed monsters, I see the radiation beasts from this movie.

MV5BYWU3YjI4MTctYmIwMy00Y2QyLWE1ZGItYTQyNjI0MGExOTdmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc4Njg5MjA@._V1_.jpg
I guess it's not too surprising to see Roger Corman's name attached to this.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
My parents both have brown hair and eyes, I'm a blue eyed blonde. My sister has brown hair and eyes.
These comments give me hope that our little one might inherit hub's blue eyes! Although everyone in my immediate family has brown eyes so I assume I have two copies of brown. But maybe...

• Friendly
Reactions: cowgirl836

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
These comments give me hope that our little one might inherit hub's blue eyes! Although everyone in my immediate family has brown eyes so I assume I have two copies of brown. But maybe...
How old? By one year they are supposed to be their set color. I have a mixture of bluish gray in the morning that can turn a deep blue during bright periods. One theory is that all people with blue eyes have one common ancestor from a long long time ago. I personally find that hard to believe.

My dad was a blue with specks of yellow. My wife is hazel but all three of our kids are blue. One of my sons has my eyes and the other has my dads. Don’t remember which. Believe my daughter is similar to me.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Almost an inch or rain this morning!

Also went through a house that it just clicked for us with. Now the rush to get our house ready to list so we can offer. On this house. We have been slowly working toward it but this is a big kick in the pants. I get it you don't want to sell your house contingent on ours selling but how many people are really sitting on that kind of cash to use as a down payment in addition to the equity in their own house?

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
How old? By one year they are supposed to be their set color. I have a mixture of bluish gray in the morning that can turn a deep blue during bright periods. One theory is that all people with blue eyes have one common ancestor from a long long time ago. I personally find that hard to believe.

My dad was a blue with specks of yellow. My wife is hazel but all three of our kids are blue. One of my sons has my eyes and the other has my dads. Don’t remember which. Believe my daughter is similar to me.
Due in November!

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Made homemade pizza today with roasted cherry tomatoes from garden, homemade sauce from garden, caramelized onions, and red pepper from garden a d homemade dough. Extra hard mode with 2 kids. Yummy but so much work!
When I make a pizza I always use home made pizza dough.
Lately I just mix it up in the morning with room temperature water and 1/4 tsp of yeast and just let it do a long slow rise all day.
Other than that it is some tomato and basil sauce with diced meatballs (homemade) some Italian sausage and Canadian bacon and a 5 cheese blend.

Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well I did some good but simple cooking. Made taco stuffed peppers, found some really nice bell peppers at the farmers market then halved them cleaned the insides out and popped them on grill at about 250.
Proceeded to cook the hamburger up and get it seasoned up with just your standard taco seasoning packet, brought the peppers back in stuffed them with the taco meat, covered them with shredded cheese then popped them back on the grill for another 20 minutes.

They turned out really well peppers were pretty well cooked, cheese was nicely melted then topped them with diced tomatoes and sour cream. really filling and pretty darn tasty. For no recipe and just winging it, they turned out great.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Also I think the Vixen has murdered @SCyclone, at 1st I thought they went on vacation but he's disappeared I think she killed him ;), or he is busier in retirement than he was at work LOL.

• Wow
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Also I think the Vixen has murdered @SCyclone, at 1st I thought they went on vacation but he's disappeared I think she killed him ;), or he is busier in retirement than he was at work LOL.
Well, you are from that area so you should know. Dirty dishes can be dangerous. Facebook people may want to see what he is up to.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Well I did some good but simple cooking. Made taco stuffed peppers, found some really nice bell peppers at the farmers market then halved them cleaned the insides out and popped them on grill at about 250.
Proceeded to cook the hamburger up and get it seasoned up with just your standard taco seasoning packet, brought the peppers back in stuffed them with the taco meat, covered them with shredded cheese then popped them back on the grill for another 20 minutes.

They turned out really well peppers were pretty well cooked, cheese was nicely melted then topped them with diced tomatoes and sour cream. really filling and pretty darn tasty. For no recipe and just winging it, they turned out great.
There's a farm stand less than 5 minutes from me. It's nice to be able to get fresh produce when it's in season.
I bought another dozen ears of corn this weekend. Ate two of them and then prepped and froze the rest.

Reactions: NWICY

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

My mom made this when I was little, so tasty, I didn't know anyone outside of my family did stuffed peppers. Maybe it's a Chicago thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron