Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Must be a hard day for the neighbor.

He's already been on cigarette #3 this morning.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I’ve mentioned that my neighbors who bought my moms house are morons. They now have 4 generations living in the house. First they they did was make the 3 BR into a 2 BR. Smart move for a house now with 6-7 people in it. They ripped off the front steps and told everyone they were putting on a large wrap around deck. This made me chuckle and waited until they found out that the house is to the limit towards the street and no raised structure is permitted. So they have went a year now with a door that is 3 foot off the ground. They also brought in a mess of dirt to go around their house. Apparently they are out of money for grass seed and it’s now just tall weeds growing.

So they cut down all but one tree so everyone can see their weed mess, smart. Supposedly they need more dirt (which will then completely bury their gas meter (gotta be good for that) and divert all water to their basement windows which will now be underground.

They are supposedly doing much of the interior remodel themselves, but must mess it up since they keep hiring contractors to do whatever they say they did a year later. They put new flooring in the kitchen and then decided to remodel it. Things like that. Things must be serious because there appears to be less drinking and smoking in the garage going on.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ef you caseys. Out on my walk and decide that the old losing weight is going well so I will treat myself to a donut this morning. Excitedly walk into caseys to get one and they literally have NONE. Just this nasty bear claw things that are a pound of greasy lard and one blueberry muffin. I hate blueberry. So thanks for forcing me to hold my diet a little longer today.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Knew the red gene was on his side but hadn't realized it was on mine. Though I now realize grandparents generation had some red.

Gotta love genetics. I threw my middle school science teacher for a loop when we were doing that stuff. My mom has blue eyes, dad has green, and I have brown.

Reactions: cowgirl836

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I’ve mentioned that my neighbors who bought my moms house are morons. They now have 4 generations living in the house. First they they did was make the 3 BR into a 2 BR. Smart move for a house now with 6-7 people in it. They ripped off the front steps and told everyone they were putting on a large wrap around deck. This made me chuckle and waited until they found out that the house is to the limit towards the street and no raised structure is permitted. So they have went a year now with a door that is 3 foot off the ground. They also brought in a mess of dirt to go around their house. Apparently they are out of money for grass seed and it’s now just tall weeds growing.

So they cut down all but one tree so everyone can see their weed mess, smart. Supposedly they need more dirt (which will then completely bury their gas meter (gotta be good for that) and divert all water to their basement windows which will now be underground.

They are supposedly doing much of the interior remodel themselves, but must mess it up since they keep hiring contractors to do whatever they say they did a year later. They put new flooring in the kitchen and then decided to remodel it. Things like that. Things must be serious because there appears to be less drinking and smoking in the garage going on.

Your mistake was in not burning it down for the insurance money. That should always be among the top choices for disposition of an unneeded house.

Reactions: BCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
guys I know I'm absent but after @cyrocksmypants body shamed babies in the cave I must tell that I had our 2 mo appt a couple days later and my new baby is 90% in all the things, lol. 1.5lbs heavier and inch longer than big brother at identical to the day age. Big bro best get his big bro noogies in stat cause lil bro going to outgrow him fast. Lil bro has an insane rate of gain. 9oz in 5 days early on when they wanted a weight check and said not to let him sleep too long I'm like lol he fine.

also Pants, I see fb a lot, that's your cousin? I def thought other things at first too
Mine was always low too (it has raised a bit as I've aged). A couple of times after having general anesthesia they tried to make me wait until my BP was back to normal before releasing me from the recovery room, and I'm like "LOOK AT THE PRE-OP BP!!!!"

Reactions: cowgirl836

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Gotta love genetics. I threw my middle school science teacher for a loop when we were doing that stuff. My mom has blue eyes, dad has green, and I have brown.
Parents both had hazel eyes, oldest sis has brown, middle sis has hazel, and mine are green. Kept hoping for the green to come in the biological descendants but none yet. Mostly brown & hazel, with one that has bright blue eyes (no clue where that came from as her mother has brown & my son's are hazel}.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
And before rabbuk sneaks in there, other than the eyes she bears a strong resemblance to her dad...and me, since he strongly resembles me. :p

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Watered my favorite shady patch of ginger last night. It was laying flat on the ground and fixing to die. The hit and miss thunder storms here were a miss. Just enough rain to wet the pavement.

Should finish washing machine repair today. Got it apart and decided I needed to pull the tub rim cover and try and clear the plastic tub a little. Sort of the rule of how little projects cascade. When I get this all back together it is time for a good strong bleach cycle.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well under good random things check out the UNI RV pass thread. The veteran of the game was looking for a pass for his RV and someone stepped up and hooked him up with one :).

Under other random things my friend from NC backed out of the Iowa game, but I made my ISU alum niece's day by asking her to go with me. We are splitting a pair of tkts and and her and her husband are using the UNI tkts. She was way happy to use the extra tkt. We are looking forward to CYCLONE victory;).

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
They are working on a railroad track that I pass by everyday and all of the equipment is just sitting there. Today I noticed 3 port o potties on dollies so they can go down the tracks. The one I could see had sh***er spray painted across the front, seems self explanatory. I wonder if the new guy gets locked in there and gets a joyride

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Washing machine repair complete.

Image20200908170157.gif

Of course thread for screws to hold new water valve didn't match screw, so, impact driver. When in doubt, force the fit. ;) A really bad rule of thumb I "learned" from my dad. How to strip threads and break bolts cause if tight is good even tighter is better! Anyway, got away with it this time.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well under good random things check out the UNI RV pass thread. The veteran of the game was looking for a pass for his RV and someone stepped up and hooked him up with one :).

Under other random things my friend from NC backed out of the Iowa game, but I made my ISU alum niece's day by asking her to go with me. We are splitting a pair of tkts and and her and her husband are using the UNI tkts. She was way happy to use the extra tkt. We are looking forward to CYCLONE victory;).
Which games are you not getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.