Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Dude, Where's My Car popped up when flipping channels.

It's awful.

Gonna ride it out though.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Looked it up, cause hot and bored, and it's been 54 days since I mowed my little yard. It's mostly alive even though I haven't watered it. It's mostly alive because I haven't mowed it. Looks like it could use a cut but it's not unkempt looking. Might relent and mow when it drops to the 80's later this week. Did get a whopping .11 inches of rain last night although it seemed like more.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Holy ****. Just saw a minivan towing another minivan, but the minivan being towed was being pulled by the rear end with no one in the driver's seat steering and it drifted into the other lane. Luckily there were no oncoming cars.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Looked it up, cause hot and bored, and it's been 54 days since I mowed my little yard. It's mostly alive even though I haven't watered it. It's mostly alive because I haven't mowed it. Looks like it could use a cut but it's not unkempt looking. Might relent and mow when it drops to the 80's later this week. Did get a whopping .11 inches of rain last night although it seemed like more.

Braggert.

Reactions: BCClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Braggert.

Still watered a little tonight. Not the grass, just my mostly dead ferns, hostas and groundcover.

Watering ban here now, even and odd days and no watering noon to 6 pm. Won't impact me much, not watering the grass anyway and handheld watering for plants is exempt so far.

BTW, geek spread sheet for biking says average biking temp for my rides is 83+ and rising with each ride. Couple degrees warmer than mid-summer last year....no surprise that.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Annnnd it's gone. Wind wasn't too bad here, heard some places had up to 90mph gusts. It's just the boss and I the rest of the week, hope we don't get too many calls.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
One of the guys at work said his phone died. Being that they have that 2 part verification crap integrated on your phone he can't log in.
This is why sending everything through you phone is a potential big risk. No phone, no access.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Welp had a good four days at Airventure. Bugged out early last night due to the forecast storms, being in a tent, timing (if it was earlier we likely would have stayed) and the kids having some PTSD from the derecho. Looks like the grounds got lucky by 5-10 miles.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and BoxsterCy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Still watered a little tonight. Not the grass, just my mostly dead ferns, hostas and groundcover.

Watering ban here now, even and odd days and no watering noon to 6 pm. Won't impact me much, not watering the grass anyway and handheld watering for plants is exempt so far.

BTW, geek spread sheet for biking says average biking temp for my rides is 83+ and rising with each ride. Couple degrees warmer than mid-summer last year....no surprise that.
Take some shampoo and slip on your speedo. Grab a garden house and take a shower in the middle of the hostas. They say no watering, but you’re just taking a shower.

• Haha

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Smoke on the water
A fire in the sky

Damn, it is crazy SMOKY outside. Had to wear a mask while doing rideabout. Did a little with/without mask test and mask really helped.

smoke on the water CF scale.jpg

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.