Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well in some sort of annoying news the darn left front brake hung up on my pick up late this afternoon could smell it getting hot so I guess I know what Monday's project will be don't know for sure if it will be a me project or one that I'll end up calling my mechanic for.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
On a brighter note the Pothole pizza brand that KwikStar sells are actually pretty good, much better than their Kitchen Cravings brand. They had them for half price for just using your kwik card. They are pretty tasty and filling. They are pretty good for a frozen pizza.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
On the good side of things my folks got their 2nd shot of the covid vaccine today, don't know which one they got. Dad did say during the post shot waiting period no adverse reaction and his arm isn't even sore, hope they keep feeling good for the next 24-48 hrs, I think that when some people have a reaction to it.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Anyone here sell plasma? I used to do it in college, but its been many years since I've done it. Biolife is offering a good amount of cash, so I'm thinking of doing it to help with some upcoming expenses. If you have, are your experiences typically good?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Anyone here sell plasma? I used to do it in college, but its been many years since I've done it. Biolife is offering a good amount of cash, so I'm thinking of doing it to help with some upcoming expenses. If you have, are your experiences typically good?

Nope never have sold it. I tested positive for covid back in Nov and am donating plasma through Life Serve. The process is simple and and pretty quick I'm usually done in about 1-1.5 hrs from the start of the process. I go to the same center every time and have good veins so I've been fortunate to always have positive experiences with the needle sticks.

Just out of curiosity what is Biolife paying are they still in Ames or are you looking at a different location?

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Nope never have sold it. I tested positive for covid back in Nov and am donating plasma through Life Serve. The process is simple and and pretty quick I'm usually done in about 1-1.5 hrs from the start of the process. I go to the same center every time and have good veins so I've been fortunate to always have positive experiences with the needle sticks.

Just out of curiosity what is Biolife paying are they still in Ames or are you looking at a different location?
I'm in the metro, but I think Biolife pays the same rate at all locations (I could be wrong about that, though)- to my knowledge they're still in Ames. The special they're running right now is $700 the first month (if you donate twice a week). Not sure the rate after the first month.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'm in the metro, but I think Biolife pays the same rate at all locations (I could be wrong about that, though)- to my knowledge they're still in Ames. The special they're running right now is $700 the first month (if you donate twice a week). Not sure the rate after the first month.

That's some good coin I would ask about donating twice a week, for some reason Life Serve only takes plasma once a week at least for convalescent plasma. I don't know about the donation schedule for regular plasma. Yeah $700 for 8 sticks is pretty tempting especially if it is conveniently located for you.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I did just a week or two ago. Got a bottle of water and a package of Nutter Butters. I’m antibody positive.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That's some good coin I would ask about donating twice a week, for some reason Life Serve only takes plasma once a week at least for convalescent plasma. I don't know about the donation schedule for regular plasma. Yeah $700 for 8 sticks is pretty tempting especially if it is conveniently located for you.
Life serve said they could take it so many days in a row and the. You need a month break. 7 is a number I remember. Or every two weeks with no break I thought.

• Informative

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
On the good side of things my folks got their 2nd shot of the covid vaccine today, don't know which one they got. Dad did say during the post shot waiting period no adverse reaction and his arm isn't even sore, hope they keep feeling good for the next 24-48 hrs, I think that when some people have a reaction to it.

Got word my Dad got his first shot yesterday somehow...with me lucking into one and still having ABs prior some things are coming together.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Good news: Well I called and they found the leak.

Bad news: Warranty company is out of Texas and has been closed due to the weather. Said they have a whole bunch of vehicles lined up to be fixed.

Luckily may dad works 3rd shift so I can take his car during the day.

• Friendly

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Well, we sat down with our supper at 4.55p, ready to watch the game. Last few minutes of the Wazzu-Stanford game playing out. Hmmmmmm. OT at 5.00p. Okay, we'll just watch the rest of this game since we'd have to hook up the laptop to get the stream. Whoops. 2OT now. We're STILL watching the Cougs even though we can now watch ISU/OU on ESPNnews now (part of our cable sports package). Have to admit, it's a really really exciting game...most likely, more so than the beat-down currently happening in Hilton.

I should feel guilty, but...

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
This has been an amazing game. And yeah, I could switch over, but this might be a little better.

Also, you're a Wazzu grad, right?
Not a grad. I dropped out btw semesters Junior year to get married and have babies (in that order). In retrospect...dumb. However, I was sent to college to find a husband that was educated and could support me in style. I followed him all over, tried to go back to school twice but somehow the time & money for me to do so were never there (although the time & money were there for him to get a private pilot license :mad: ).

On the plus side, though, I have a couple of great sons out of the deal. And he brought me here to Iowa, where I met Lew. So it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.