Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Sorry for your loss. It seems like every 5th old timer I meet has played minor league baseball and I can never figure out why other than baseball was king back then. Sounds like a cool life filled with interesting history, Jackie Robinson would he a great figure to hang out with and pick his brain.
:)

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I'm feeling just a percentage of how Gr8 feels a lot of the time.

Was scheduled to have the next two days off, and I was going to savor it as my weekends through the New Year are booked with either work or personal stuff. Not 30 seconds after texting my "backup" to ask her to do something I forgot and her reply, I get a text from one of my managers asking me if I can go to Other Location tomorrow afternoon to help them out.

At least it will be overtime. No way I'm cutting into my actual site's time to do what needs to be done.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
She won me over in 2017 when she did a Super Bowl halftime show and then performed with Metallica at the Grammies within a week and completely rocked both shows.

I admire her she did the pop thing to establish herself then said ok I'm going to do what I want. She really has a amazing range.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well, we lost my FIL yesterday morning. He was a good man and a great guy. Pitched in the minors for the Brooklyn Dodgers, and even played pickup basketball with Jackie Robinson, back in the mid-50s. He'll be missed.

Condolences sent your way.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
John Hardy's BBQ in Rochester is pretty solid. Be forewarned their main sauces are more Carolina (mustard) based unlike the KC Red (sweet) sauces. Baked beans and Coleslaw are both solid. Ribs were good and pulled pork ok. Service was really fast (sub 10 minutes) friendly people working. Would stop back.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Well, we lost my FIL yesterday morning. He was a good man and a great guy. Pitched in the minors for the Brooklyn Dodgers, and even played pickup basketball with Jackie Robinson, back in the mid-50s. He'll be missed.
I'm sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Well looks like a friendship I had was officially ended tonight and for the dumbest of reasons. On Monday the 15 my now former friend (he unfriended me of Facebook tonight) works at the same place I do. He does the bulk of the janitorial shifts. He texted me that morning that his foot and ankle were bad and he couldn't stand. I said I'll do it for him. He's knows I go in Monday's do a different position there. I said I'll find a way to do both he thanked me and said a lunch in the future would be on him which I was never going to hold him to. Friends help friends.

Monday afternoon he texts that he saw the doctor but doesn't think he should what doctor said because he doesn't want to get fired. His doctor wanted him off until Fri the 19th at the earliest or the following Monday. He then said he had a note too. I said they won't fire you especially if you have a note. He was scared to call the mangers to let them now for fear of making them mad. I said they won't be mad they will appreciate a heads up. I then said since I was the one to take all his shifts that week I could just let them know when I go in. He finally called.

Later that night we exchanged texts and everything seemed fine. Then Tues afternoon he texts me that I didn't text him about a show we both watch ended so that in his mind means I'm mad at him. I said I'm not mad and gave him my thoughts on the show.

Wednesday afternoon I text him to see how he is doing. Remember it was his ankle and foot but I messed up and said knee and ankle. He responds by saying it's not my knee and ankle it's my ankle and foot followed by several ! marks which to me in text lingo means you are yelling. He then accuses me on not caring and then says he will be back Friday even if he's not fully healed.

Then starting that Friday and every day since that we happen to work together he gives me the silent treatment. (side note here this was one of several tiffs he's had with me since he starting working there. Something innocent is said he blows it way out of proportion, gives me the silent treatment for a week or so then acts fine and we are then good.

This past Saturday we worked together then he hung around after work. I totally blew the chance to make amends (even though I did nothing wrong). I said nothing and he left. After he left I get a text that he says I know you are mad and hate me but you had to make everyone else not talk to him.

I said I did not do that and could we talk today (Monday) So today happens and I tell people working today to be nice and friendly to him. He talks to everyone but me. Tonight he texts me about switching janitorial shifts. I said let's just stick with what we are scheduled and that today you made it clear that I can go to hell. He replies that I don't feel that way or why would I be texting you. I say why couldn't you just talk to me. He then gets all defensive and puts an official end to it.

I have let this eat at me these last 2 weeks, but ready to let it go now. Even now I really worry about this guy. Since his return after the time off from the injury his appearance really appears to be a bit disheveled. He not special by any means but I really think he may have some bipolar issues. It's crazy that this is how it's really going to end. I helped you out in a time of need and somehow I'm the bad guy?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Well looks like a friendship I had was officially ended tonight and for the dumbest of reasons. On Monday the 15 my now former friend (he unfriended me of Facebook tonight) works at the same place I do. He does the bulk of the janitorial shifts. He texted me that morning that his foot and ankle were bad and he couldn't stand. I said I'll do it for him. He's knows I go in Monday's do a different position there. I said I'll find a way to do both he thanked me and said a lunch in the future would be on him which I was never going to hold him to. Friends help friends.

Monday afternoon he texts that he saw the doctor but doesn't think he should what doctor said because he doesn't want to get fired. His doctor wanted him off until Fri the 19th at the earliest or the following Monday. He then said he had a note too. I said they won't fire you especially if you have a note. He was scared to call the mangers to let them now for fear of making them mad. I said they won't be mad they will appreciate a heads up. I then said since I was the one to take all his shifts that week I could just let them know when I go in. He finally called.

Later that night we exchanged texts and everything seemed fine. Then Tues afternoon he texts me that I didn't text him about a show we both watch ended so that in his mind means I'm mad at him. I said I'm not mad and gave him my thoughts on the show.

Wednesday afternoon I text him to see how he is doing. Remember it was his ankle and foot but I messed up and said knee and ankle. He responds by saying it's not my knee and ankle it's my ankle and foot followed by several ! marks which to me in text lingo means you are yelling. He then accuses me on not caring and then says he will be back Friday even if he's not fully healed.

Then starting that Friday and every day since that we happen to work together he gives me the silent treatment. (side note here this was one of several tiffs he's had with me since he starting working there. Something innocent is said he blows it way out of proportion, gives me the silent treatment for a week or so then acts fine and we are then good.

This past Saturday we worked together then he hung around after work. I totally blew the chance to make amends (even though I did nothing wrong). I said nothing and he left. After he left I get a text that he says I know you are mad and hate me but you had to make everyone else not talk to him.

I said I did not do that and could we talk today (Monday) So today happens and I tell people working today to be nice and friendly to him. He talks to everyone but me. Tonight he texts me about switching janitorial shifts. I said let's just stick with what we are scheduled and that today you made it clear that I can go to hell. He replies that I don't feel that way or why would I be texting you. I say why couldn't you just talk to me. He then gets all defensive and puts an official end to it.

I have let this eat at me these last 2 weeks, but ready to let it go now. Even now I really worry about this guy. Since his return after the time off from the injury his appearance really appears to be a bit disheveled. He not special by any means but I really think he may have some bipolar issues. It's crazy that this is how it's really going to end. I helped you out in a time of need and somehow I'm the bad guy?

I think you are right to be concerned about him as a person and colleague. If you can put aside the disappointment, hurt and frustration, could you check with other co-workers to see whether they've also noticed differences? Something doesn't quite add up, and it might help you feel "better" to find out your experience wasn't unique. Perhaps a supervisor or manager could visit with him.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I doubt it’s him. If I remember right, he wasn’t banned, he just left on principle. So there’s no reason for him to be making a new account
He has done it once for sure. He stumbled a couple times hiding his identity with that account (which has disappeared since also), did everything but say I’m lawman with it.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Here's one of those awesome things they do at work. When we used to submit a change it would send us a calendar entry with a one hour reminder so an hour before our change we would get a reminder.
So some idiot decided to change that to no reminder so now when I schedule a change I have to accept the calendar entry, then edit it to set a reminder.
If not nothing pops up to remind me that I need to do the change.
In the old days as soon as I got a request I would just log in and get it done. Can't do that anymore. You have to spend more time doing the paperwork to justify it instead of just doing it.

• Dislike
Reactions: NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I was so "excited" to find this message in the junk folder of my work email. Not sure how I can concentrate on work today... (names deleted to protect the innocent;)

Hello ------ I sent an e-mail previously without a reply, just wondering if you received the e-mail I sent you initially about a subject concerning the death of David ------ who died of a coronavirus pandemic outbreak. Before we proceed, let me introduce myself. My name is Mr. Tom Lambert, from Mauritius, a private equity manager who serves high net worth clients and holds a certificate of deposit (deceased). I am looking to locate the deceased family member because no heir can be found; so i found you with the same family name / lineage as my client. I would like us to discuss your matured value (CD) with our company. I will explain in more detail if you are the actual owner of this email address. Please confirm at reception. I await your email.

Best regards
Tom Lambert,
Private Wealth Manager
Curepipe, Mauritius.
Legal notice

Status
Not open for further replies.