Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Going to be a tough call tomorrow. Weather looks to be pretty nice. Bike ride around the lakes or Boxster ride to wildlife refuge for walkabout might trump football watching at 1:00. Can always catch the replay on the ESPN thingie.

Reactions: wxman1

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Pheasant opener in Iowa this morning - going to get the 8 month old pup out for the first time... Hoping he's the "natural" our last dog was.

Watch out prairie parrots!

Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Going to be a tough call tomorrow. Weather looks to be pretty nice. Bike ride around the lakes or Boxster ride to wildlife refuge for walkabout might trump football watching at 1:00. Can always catch the replay on the ESPN thingie.
Just take a fog bank spin this morning and you can be back in time for the Riot Bowl.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Looking into it more I think it's only on the Pixels
It's actually a Samsung GS20 FE, as I learned when I dropped by Best Buy yesterday to replace my cracked screen protector. Hell, what do I know? It's an android, and I'm convinced it's smarter than me!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
During a World Series commercial break last night, I was channel scrolling and briefly watched Guy Fieri on DDD was in Minneapolis. Wanted to hear/see the specific place but I waited so long I had to get back to the game. Missed two outs.
At least Atlanta won.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
During a World Series commercial break last night, I was channel scrolling and briefly watched Guy Fieri on DDD was in Minneapolis. Wanted to hear/see the specific place but I waited so long I had to get back to the game. Missed two outs.
At least Atlanta won.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Apparently someone died down the street. Got to see them take out in a body bag. Natural causes we presume.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
@NWICY I realized I never answered your questions. I was at the Wisconsin - Iowa game today. I was cautiously optimistic because I thought Iowa was a paper tiger ( and partially because I didn't want to think about Iowa winning), but I did not think Wisconsin would win like they did.

Since some of people like the "voices in the stands" comments Most of the Iowa fans were fine. A few "let's go hawks," but it helps when they're playing like crap so their fans shut up. But there was one ******* in a fuzzy cowboy hawkeye hat that was obnoxious. He was younger than me but was jawing a lot of the game. And was just being annoying. But he ended up leaving with about 7:00-10:00 minutes left in the game.

There were two other major criticisms I have about him (and which also show why he was trashy) but they are cave-y so I put them in a spoiler tag. I can also remove them if people want me to.
He and some friends tried to get the "let's go brandon" aka "**** joe biden" chant going. And when people were calling him out for being a douche he responded by saying several times that Wisconsin fans are gay and making a corresponding hand motion. Both of which are trashy as hell

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
@NWICY I realized I never answered your questions. I was at the Wisconsin - Iowa game today. I was cautiously optimistic because I thought Iowa was a paper tiger ( and partially because I didn't want to think about Iowa winning), but I did not think Wisconsin would win like they did.

Since some of people like the "voices in the stands" comments Most of the Iowa fans were fine. A few "let's go hawks," but it helps when they're playing like crap so their fans shut up. But there was one ******* in a fuzzy cowboy hawkeye hat that was obnoxious. He was younger than me but was jawing a lot of the game. And was just being annoying. But he ended up leaving with about 7:00-10:00 minutes left in the game.

There were two other major criticisms I have about him (and which also show why he was trashy) but they are cave-y so I put them in a spoiler tag. I can also remove them if people want me to.
He and some friends tried to get the "let's go brandon" aka "**** joe biden" chant going. And when people were calling him out for being a douche he responded by saying several times that Wisconsin fans are gay. Both of which are trashy as hell

Holy crap on the spoiler, he's lucky he didn't get popped.

Status
Not open for further replies.