Raising Canes Sucks

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
When you have a chicken restaurant and your sauce is more famous than the chicken, you actually have a sauce restaurant. Cane’s chicken is an unflavorable piece of trash and only dousing it in mostly mayo makes it tolerable.

Same idea with these “spicy” chicken sandwiches from places like Popeyes and McDonald’s. You don’t have a spicy chicken sandwich, you have a ****** spicy sauce on top of chicken.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I was forced to eat there twice by my wife a few years ago when raising canes started getting big, and I was not impressed either time. It was okay, but nothing about the chicken or sauce is worth the hype it’s gotten. I would never choose to eat there over any other chicken place, .

Reactions: Cyclone Pfan

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
When you have a chicken restaurant and your sauce is more famous than the chicken, you actually have a sauce restaurant. Cane’s chicken is an unflavorable piece of trash and only dousing it in mostly mayo makes it tolerable.

Same idea with these “spicy” chicken sandwiches from places like Popeyes and McDonald’s. You don’t have a spicy chicken sandwich, you have a ****** spicy sauce on top of chicken.
Sad, but the best thing in the box is the toast.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
My daughter made us stop on a vacation trip. Never again. Just chicken strips. Even the sandwich was just chicken strips.

Good idea by the owner though. Just take what kids like and mass market it. Limited overhead because it's just chicken strips

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
Good to know this. Had not tried one yet, but a new one opened up not far from where I live. Will skip it!

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
My daughter made us stop on a vacation trip. Never again. Just chicken strips. Even the sandwich was just chicken strips.

Good idea by the owner though. Just take what kids like and mass market it. Limited overhead because it's just chicken strips
Guy stopped at a restaurant called Cane's Chicken Fingers and was mad that it was just chicken fingers.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

I love a good spicy sandwich and agree. Its why ive not found a good fast food chick fila alternative. They do a spicy marinade+breading while almost everywhere else is just regular chicken with some kind of spicy mayo

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
I love it.

It’s good fast food fried chicken, if you expect it to be anymore than that, that’s on you.

It’s like when I heard people from the Midwest complain about In-N-Out not living up to the hype after the first time they try it. Well yeah, it’s just a good fast food burger.

At the end of the day, if someone is expecting fast food to be anything more than fast food, that’s a personal problem.