Quick Note On The OL

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Probably been stated many times, but the fact that 60% of that room is FR R FR isn't helping. Two(!) R SR in the position group in the fifth year of this staff. Hopefully Campbell finally does here what he did at Toledo and stockpiles some experienced hogs. He has to, to take the next step here.

1600533044999.png

• Informative
Reactions: psychlone99

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Probably been stated many times, but the fact that 60% of that room is FR R FR isn't helping. Two(!) R SR in the position group in the fifth year of this staff. Hopefully Campbell finally does here what he did at Toledo and stockpiles some experienced hogs. He has to, to take the next step here.

View attachment 75681
There’s only one scholarship senior OL.

Which emphasizes not only the oddity of Juergenson being put into the game, but lends credence to the thought that with most (or all) of the starters back and the youngsters having another year to prepare, ‘21 is the year for the OL to be a major strength.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
That Lincoln Riley quote may have shed some light on what’s happening.

A lot related to living situations. Last I knew (some time ago), most of the football players lived in four man suites, iirc. It was also mostly position groups who chose to room together.

So, if you have four redshirt freshmen OL living together, and one of them tests positive, by contact tracing you lose all four.

Or even if all four simply have sufficient contact with someone else who tests positive, I’d assume.

Reactions: besserheimerphat

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
That Lincoln Riley quote may have shed some light on what’s happening.

A lot related to living situations. Last I knew (some time ago), most of the football players lived in four man suites, iirc. It was also mostly position groups who chose to room together.

So, if you have four redshirt freshmen OL living together, and one of them tests positive, by contact tracing you lose all four.

Or even if all four simply have sufficient contact with someone else who tests positive, I’d assume.
Another aspect of Covid to think about, living arrangements. Do you want all your guys in a position group living together?

All these guys (on a team) have contact with one another, some more than others. Difficult to minimize the risk.

Whoever built in the more numerous bye weeks on schedules of teams knew what they were doing. May need to quarantine entire teams if enough people get the virus. We are already seeing it, High Schools, etc.
quarantine meme 1.jpg

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Another aspect of Covid to think about, living arrangements. Do you want all your guys in a position group living together?

All these guys (on a team) have contact with one another, some more than others. Difficult to minimize the risk.

Whoever built in the more numerous bye weeks on schedules of teams knew what they were doing. May need to quarantine entire teams if enough people get the virus. We are already seeing it, High Schools, etc.
View attachment 75687
Yep, when I was typing that I was wondering if, when rooms were assigned, if anyone had the forethought to mix up position groups.

Of course, would you want Brock, Breece, Tarique and Charlie Kolar in the same apartment?

• Wow
Reactions: t-noah and CyCloned

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

View attachment 75687

No clue as to what is going on, but it is pretty clear that something was up when they sent out a never used walkon when an OL gets hurt. With no fans in the stands you can't have people scoping out the sidelines to see who is and isn't there, and who is not suited up. Better hope Downing and several other guys are available next week.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and t-noah

clonehoodie

May 14, 2017
Oh, now 2021 is "the year" ?

Oh well. Do what you have to do.

Thank God we play in the Big 12.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Yep, when I was typing that I was wondering if, when rooms were assigned, if anyone had the forethought to mix up position groups.

Of course, would you want Brock, Breece, Tarique and Charlie Kolar in the same apartment?
"Of course, would you want Brock, Breece, Tarique and Charlie Kolar in the same apartment?"
Well, um, no, I think NOT!!

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
I remember seeing they were trying to separate players within position groups so they would not all go out at once. Not sure if that’s happening.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Oh, now 2021 is "the year" ?

Oh well. Do what you have to do.

Thank God we play in the Big 12.
“Now”? I’ve said all along—including last season—that we had a chance to be better this year, with better talent, but with the lack of returning experience ‘21 was when the OL was going to be an integrated strength.

Clearly you struggle with reading comprehension.

Not least, since we don’t know what this year looks like yet. Before Downing went down, they looked better. Which is among the things I have also already said.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Help Support Us

Become a patron