Question;

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Given that Memphis has 4 10-win seasons in the past 10 years, has 10 consecutive bowl appearances, has wins over ranked UCLA, Ole Miss, Miss ST, UCF, Cincy, Houston, and SMU, is putting $750 million into facilities, and has a basketball program with vastly superior history to ISU……,what is the basis for the feigned superiority expressed on this board?

Saturday’s game showed Memphis with dominant line play, superior speed, and skill levels above ISU

We respect all opponents; maybe that’s something many in your fan base should consider?
Memphis still sucks. Still G5. We’ve lost to worse.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Iowa fan gameday routine:

11:15 a.m. – Wake up vomiting in Chris Doyle-signed trash can from daiquiri-laden hangover

11:45 a.m. – Say prayer kneeling at Brian Ferentz shrine for at least one Hawk score

12:30 p.m. – Yell at Mom for some meatloaf

2:00 p.m. – Game not going well, look up facts on Memphis Tigers history

2:30 p.m. – Feign Memphis fandom and troll CF
.....Daiquiri......way too much credit for hogeyes. Hawkeye vodka mixed with someone's puke would be more appropriate.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
C
Given that Memphis has 4 10-win seasons in the past 10 years, has 10 consecutive bowl appearances, has wins over ranked UCLA, Ole Miss, Miss ST, UCF, Cincy, Houston, and SMU, is putting $750 million into facilities, and has a basketball program with vastly superior history to ISU……,what is the basis for the feigned superiority expressed on this board?

Saturday’s game showed Memphis with dominant line play, superior speed, and skill levels above ISU

We respect all opponents; maybe that’s something many in your fan base should consider?
ongrats on being Caliparis stepping stone almost 2 decades ago.

The feeling of superiority is based on how bad the other AAC members did in the Big 12 this year. They went T9, 11, 13 and 14. It was our mistake assuming that those trends over an entire season were going to apply to a single game with an AAC team after three weeks off.

Memphis was clearly the better team on Friday. pretty natural to think this should’ve been a W when your former league mates came over and brought up the rear in the Big 12. ISU was a team that had largely lived in close games and beat BYU and Cincy by a combined 52 pts and 300 yards.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Memphis has been to 3 final fours, but 2 of those were vacated by the NCAA. So if you don’t count the vacated ones, both schools are tied with 1.
Yep. Just like the Fab Five never existed. Memphis choking vs KU in 2008 allowed me to win a big pool. That **** happened. :)

Reactions: NWICY

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Couldn't remember if 2 were "vacated."
If we count Elite Eights and Sweet Sixteens, though, the two programs still aren't historically close.

Most of those for memphis still came under cheating regimes, even if they weren't fully vacated.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

huge, and I mean huge difference playing in a power league. You can beat P5s when your teams are fresh in September or if you have a month to prepare for a bowl game, but try competing with P5 every weak. Look at UCF, Houston, BYU, and Cincinnati, all had a lot of football success over the past few years. They got the @sses handed to them in the Big 12. If you had to go on the road and play in Ames, don't think it would have been so easy. I respect Memphis, good team, good speed, but make no mistake about it, there is no way in hell they would get 10 wins playing in a league like the Big 12.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Couldn't remember if 2 were "vacated."
If we count Elite Eights and Sweet Sixteens, though, the two programs still aren't historically close.
If you don’t count the vacated ones, Memphis has 4 elite eights and 6 sweet sixteens. ISU has 2 elite eights and 6 sweet sixteens.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You lost me at "vastly superior basketball program". Since that cheater Calipari left you only have 3 Ncaa tournament wins in like 15 years. You also went about 8 years without even making the tournament while Iowa State was going to multiple Sweet 16s.

BTW, your city sucks, maybe work on that. I remember going to the 2016 Liberty Bowl and there's bars on all the buildings driving up to the stadium.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
I’m sure this very informed and intellectual comment is not inDICative of the overall ISU fan base
Serious question….who is your QB recruiting analyst? I thought Petrius (sp?) was the worst P5 QB for accuracy I had ever seen but Hill is another level of bad. It is shocking that as well as Iowa recruits linemen, tight ends, linebackers and defensive backs that they embarrass the program on the national level by trotting out QB’s that are clueless.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Serious question….who is your QB recruiting analyst? I thought Petrius (sp?) was the worst P5 QB for accuracy I had ever seen but Hill is another level of bad. It is shocking that as well as Iowa recruits linemen, tight ends, linebackers and defensive backs that they embarrass the program on the national level by trotting out QB’s that are clueless.
They can recruit adequate QB’s, they just can’t develop them so they progressively get worse. Spencer Petra’s will lead the mountain west in passing yards and TD’s this year. And be newcomer of the year, and Bobm’s tiny hawk brain will explode

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
They can recruit adequate QB’s, they just can’t develop them so they progressively get worse. Spencer Petra’s will lead the mountain west in passing yards and TD’s this year. And be newcomer of the year, and Bobm’s tiny hawk brain will explode
Is Petras playing again?