QB Tyler Macon - ISU Top 4

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I'm not holding my breath for this one. I think he's an awesome QB, but I think our recruitment of him has run cold.

Best of luck to him on terrible teams against SEC defenses.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Keep an eye on Macon's two WR teammates. I haven't heard any of them say anything about playing college ball together, but both WRs are highly rated and I would imagine they are all good friends. ISU o-lineman Darrell Simmons played with them as well.

My opinion is that they all go to Mizzou together, or maybe Illinois.
Mizzou it is for him.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Mizzou it is for him.
One of the WR teammates is listed as warm to Mizzou and a couple other schools.

Ty Thompson now listed as warmer to Oregon. No surprise there. Another Arizona QB is warm to ISU and Duke. Would we even sign another QB in this class since we already have Wright plus Bouman and Dekkers as true freshmen?

We need two TEs and two RBs in this class. We will probably go with 4 OL and 3 WRs, so that would put us at 12 for the offense if we only take 1 QB.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
If I were a coach I would be tempted to get two QBS every year. It is such an important position to the team and also probably the hardest position to get right. So many QBs can look good against high school competition but then just don't make the step up to college level of play.

In 2017 we had Zeb Noland, Devon Moore, Kyle Starcevich and Kyle Kempt. Imagine if Kempt had not emerged into a fairly respectable QB for that one magical year. But you don't want to leave your entire season's results relying on a prayer. The more QBs you have, the better chance that at least one of them can produce. But I also do understand that if prospects see you already have 7 QBs on the team, they would be better off going to a school that only has 3 or even 4. So, in reality it likely is not possible to take 2 every year. Wow, this is hard! I would need, like, a million dollars to figure this out!

• Winner
Reactions: cyfan21

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I would not be surprised to see Hunter make a move like Easton. With signing two quarterbacks in this class, I expect one of them to make a move to a different position
That would absolutely shock the hell out of me. Unlike Joel Lanning, both of these kids are polished passing quarterbacks. If one loses out and isn’t happy, I’d expect them to hit the Transfer Portal long before changing positions.

....and I gather that Macon has chosen Missouri. Well, his loss.