Puerto Rico Tipoff Thread

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
UTEP now looking like they could win this. Up 7 with under 4 left. 52-45. Another ugly game.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
OMG.. utep

Stepped out of bounds up 3.. lets BSU get an easy layup--- BSU fouled with 9 seconds. UTEP misses 1 and 1... BSU then drives down the lane gets an and 1. Wins 58-56

Reactions: rholtgraves

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
November Madness has arrived

THIS IS ONLY NOVEMBER!!!!!

roth_400x400.jpg

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
Was anybody brave enough to listen to the announcers one more game and get a scouting report on Tulsa?

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Even with how poorly ISU has played I still feel as if they have a legitimate shot to win this tourney.
I don’t know why, but I kind of agree with you. I would not bet on us, but I think we might have a chance. Not sure how good App State is, obviously neither team was able to stop the other. I doubt our offense is all of a sudden spectacular, but hopefully confidence has been boosted. Wish we would have played smarter down the stretch. Lard did better than I expected for his first game.

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
Was anybody brave enough to listen to the announcers one more game and get a scouting report on Tulsa?
They're okay. Couldn't shoot from the outside at all so they'll probably be due for a few more 3's tomorrow especially if we play perimeter defense like we did today. Pretty athletic but if we play offense like we did today we should win by 7-10. Will need Lard and Young to protect the paint and not foul as Tulsa drives to the hoop quite a bit.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I don’t know why, but I kind of agree with you. I would not bet on us, but I think we might have a chance. Not sure how good App State is, obviously neither team was able to stop the other. I doubt our offense is all of a sudden spectacular, but hopefully confidence has been boosted. Wish we would have played smarter down the stretch. Lard did better than I expected for his first game.
Thinking DJ was a pg was a disaster. NWB makes this team go on offense.

I’m surprised at how poor we’ve been on defense. Coach these guys up.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Tulsa is small and quick, pretty good defensively they slowed WMU down early by switching to a zone. Typical Frank Haith team, they wanna play fast. I can see us playing sloppy against them but us having some depth up front could really hurt them.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
They're okay. Couldn't shoot from the outside at all so they'll probably be due for a few more 3's tomorrow especially if we play perimeter defense like we did today. Pretty athletic but if we play offense like we did today we should win by 7-10. Will need Lard and Young to protect the paint and not foul as Tulsa drives to the hoop quite a bit.
Thanks
I read they got 40 points in the paint, consistent with your comments.
Dangerous game for Lard. .... young big guys are often foul prone. He will need to play smart.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Went to parts of all 4 games yesterday, we are capable of beating any team in this tournament. Might not do it but we have the ability to. Pro tip walk over to the dining hall a couple of hundred yards away and have a nice meal instead of concession food. Multiple choices pretty good quality all for $6.25.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Went to parts of all 4 games yesterday, we are capable of beating any team in this tournament. Might not do it but we have the ability to. Pro tip walk over to the dining hall a couple of hundred yards away and have a nice meal instead of concession food. Multiple choices pretty good quality all for $6.25.

Looked like we had great representation out there, which I always love to see.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010

Could only listen yesterday, but those of you in attendance gave a nice "home court" advantage to ISU. Looks like nice weather out there too.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
If you missed yesterday but come today or sunday know that you park in a fistant lot and take a free shuttle to the arena. Lots GG or YY I believe. You can download a parking map fro CCU.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Does anybody else see this thread title and read "Puerto Rico Ripoff Thread?"

Help Support Us

Become a patron