Preseason Top 25

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
USA Today Preseason Coaches Poll (10/19)
1. Duke (20)
2. Michigan State (9)
3. Kansas
4. Kentucky
5. Arizona (2)
6. Villanova
7. Florida (1)
8. Wichita State
9. North Carolina
10. West Virginia
11. USC
12. Miami (FL)
13. Cincinnati
14. Notre Dame
15. Minnesota
16. Louisville
17. Xavier
18. UCLA
19. Gonzaga
20. Northwestern
21. Purdue
22. St. Mary's
23. Seton Hall
24. Baylor
25. Alabama

Others Receiving Votes
Texas A&M, Virginia, Butler, Missouri, TCU, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, Providence, Maryland, Oklahoma, Oakland, Texas, Michigan, Virginia Tech, Oregon, Southern Methodist, Creighton, Georgia Tech, Georgia, Harvard, Arkansas, Florida State, Nevada, South Carolina

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Kansas and West Virginia, to me, aren't top 10 teams.

Kansas lost Mason, Jackson and Lucas. They have only 3 posts. Preston, who is very inconsistent and turns it over a lot, Azubuike, who played sparingly last year due to injury and Mitch Lightfoot, another guy who barely played last year. Yes, they have talented guards in Graham, Newman, Vick and Svi but it's decently thin team. Only 9 scholarship players I believe.

West Virginia lost Adrian, Phillip, Macon and Watkins. They also will be without Ahmad until the second semester. That could throw the team's rhythm off a bit. Their best incoming freshman never made it to campus. They bring in a few JUCO's and a HS guard. Miles and Carter are really good, but to me that team is weaker then most think.

• Disagree
Reactions: goclones69

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Kansas lost Mason, Jackson and Lucas. They have only 3 posts. Preston, who is very inconsistent and turns it over a lot, Azubuike, who played sparingly last year due to injury and Mitch Lightfoot, another guy who barely played last year. Yes, they have talented guards in Graham, Newman, Vick and Svi but it's decently thin team. Only 9 scholarship players I believe.

I think Marcus Garett is going to be pretty good for them too, not sure how much PT he'll get this year

Cat

Aug 15, 2017
Alabama? Meh.

West Virginia lost Adrian, Phillip, Macon and Watkins. They also will be without Ahmad until the second semester. That could throw the team's rhythm off a bit. Their best incoming freshman never made it to campus. They bring in a few JUCO's and a HS guard. Miles and Carter are really good, but to me that team is weaker then most think.

Lucas is hardly a loss for them. He probably would have played much less if Azubuike had stayed healthy last year. In general I agree, they are not deep at all this year especially inside. Otoh they have been thin in the post for a couple years now and no one thought Mason would do what he did last year. So they will probably have some guards step up and post bigger numbers than they have previously. Because that just seems to be how this **** works.

If Lightfoot has to play much they are in trouble imo, they should play small over playing him.

In short: **** em.