Premier League

CyStateOfMind

Jul 23, 2016
California
Through the second international break, what are your thoughts on the season? I have been very impressed by Chelsea to start the season. I had a feeling it would be a 2 horse race (still could be), but Chelsea, Arsenal, and Tottenham look really good and look like they could be a threat.
Man City has had a purdy easy start to the season but have navigated it well. The next stretch for them will show if they will allow for a title challenge or if they will just run away again.

YNWA

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
We have played like crap so far really. No one is really clicking and we are still keeping clean sheets and grinding out games which is what champions do. There are rumblings Hazard wants to leave in January. If that happens they are finished which I would love to see. Hateful awful club with racist supporters. Arsenal are a surprise, Spuds will fold they always do. The Mancs are a non factor on the red side. City will be tough to beat. They have spent half a billion pounds on players. They are deep at every position and we will have to make sure we dont drop points in stupid ways and I dont think we will given our defence. Looking good so far and we havent even clicked yet.

• Agree
Reactions: CyStateOfMind

CyStateOfMind

Jul 23, 2016
California
We have played like crap so far really. No one is really clicking and we are still keeping clean sheets and grinding out games which is what champions do. There are rumblings Hazard wants to leave in January. If that happens they are finished which I would love to see. Hateful awful club with racist supporters. Arsenal are a surprise, Spuds will fold they always do. The Mancs are a non factor on the red side. City will be tough to beat. They have spent half a billion pounds on players. They are deep at every position and we will have to make sure we dont drop points in stupid ways and I dont think we will given our defence. Looking good so far and we havent even clicked yet.
I agree that Liverpool haven't been at their best yet. One concerning thing that was covered up by the front 3 last year is the lack of midfield goals. Ox and Coutinho had the most last year and neither of them are in this year. Keita will be good, but he hasn't proven to be a goal scorer yet.

Hard to pick anyone but City right now. Although it is really interesting to see how they do over the next group before the next international. Last year, this is when they really pulled away...

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Good thing about Citeh is they really haven't played anyone yet but us. Chelsea (nazi rent boys) haven't either. We will see when the top teams have played a few games vs each other how this thing is going to shape up. Based on form Bournemouth are top of the league at the moment. They will eventually fall down but that is what I thought about Leicester :)

Still trying to form some choice of words to make people understand the magnitude of that achievement.

CyStateOfMind

Jul 23, 2016
California
Based on form Bournemouth are top of the league at the moment. They will eventually fall down but that is what I thought about Leicester :)

Still trying to form some choice of words to make people understand the magnitude of that achievement.
I agree about that. Leicester winning really has no American equivalent in the US sports scene. I really hope Bournemouth or Wolves stick around for a while. I really like having new teams like those around the top 6. If they win or draw all the games against the bottom 10, there is no reason they can't be top 6 at the end of the season.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfan1965

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
In 2014 they were let off the hook by UEFA It just highlights, yet again, that you can cheat the system and get away with it. UEFA won’t do their job and punish you as long as you’re rich enough.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Spurs somehow got thru to CL Round of 16 - look out, playing with house money now! I'm hoping for a Juve rematch.

All four BPL teams thru; tough day for Serie A losing two teams...

Looking forward to the draw on Monday, 12/17...

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Spurs somehow got thru to CL Round of 16 - look out, playing with house money now! I'm hoping for a Juve rematch.

Your house money ran out 2-4 days ago.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Probably, but the new WHL will open eventually and Spurs will be printing their own! Enjoy that upcoming Europa League draw and don't waste time planning your St. Totteringham's Day Celebration - for the third year in a row it's going to be cancelled...
Spurs fortunate enough to beat Barcelona B squad and have Inter draw with PSV. Tottenham is really going to have to improve a lot to have a chance in the first round of the knockout stages.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

Lol Juve would pick you apart piece by piece.

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
I hope Liverpool get Real Madrid for round of 16. I want revenge and I like their chances in a 2 leg matchup. Sucks that Van Dijk will miss the first match though.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
2u228zkg0s321.jpg

Tottenshit post