Posts you hate on Facebook.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
This. I'm even religious and this annoys the living crap out of me.
I guess religious stuff in general bugs me, like "Had a great night at worship tonight, I feel so much closer to Him...blah blah blah..."
I'm sure God wants you to be praising him on cyberspace, cause I'm guessing most people don't do half the stuff they say...

1 Corinthians 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

If posting in cyberspace is part of what a person does, then God absolutely wants us to praise Him in cyberspace.

Whether people are backing up their Facebook posts with actual action is another matter that I can't judge from here. Their idea is sound, though.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Facebook is just turning into the new email that people forward to everyone.

Now it is click "like if you remember this" and there will be a picture of Captain Kangeroo (That was this morning when I got on Facebook)

Yesterday there was a picture of a kid who had been in a horrific accident. Broken skull and face all mashed up. If you click "like" it will show the parents you are rooting for their kid to get better.

Last week someone posted a picture of a beaten women with "click like and share" if you don't like spousal abuse.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
I enjoy the "I grew up and drank from the water hose, played until the street lights came on, blah blah blah" ones. Also, "It's national love your wife, kids, grandparents week on facebook". I am pretty sure those come around more often than once a year on there.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Like many things, it's kind of turned into a trashy/drama place. It went from a connection tool (which I enjoy) to a platform for agendas and such.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Facebook is just turning into the new email that people forward to everyone.

Now it is click "like if you remember this" and there will be a picture of Captain Kangeroo (That was this morning when I got on Facebook)

Yesterday there was a picture of a kid who had been in a horrific accident. Broken skull and face all mashed up. If you click "like" it will show the parents you are rooting for their kid to get better.

Last week someone posted a picture of a beaten women with "click like and share" if you don't like spousal abuse.

If more than 50% of somebody's post start to be that kind of "e-mail forward"-type stuff (especially if it's stuff I don't find funny or interesting), I check off that I don't want them to show up in my newsfeed anymore. It works out pretty well, because most of the time it's been old high school acquaintances or cousins I'm not that close to that are the worst culprits, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything from people I actually try to keep in touch with.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
I bet nothing can beat several posts that I've encountered:

People post the corpse pictures of their deceased family members (child or spouse or wife). Some of them post the face of the corpse close-up, right inside the coffin. Some only post pictures of the coffins.

While I sympathize on their loss, I don't want to see any picture of the dead. A lot of people even don't limit the privacy of the pictures, so when my friend post comment on those pics, I could get a notification.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
When someone goes on a vacation and posts non stop updates that are supposed to be ironic. Example, "Oh, just coffee." as the text describing a picture that is nothing except a cup of coffee with the Roman Colosseum in the background of the photo.

The first one you see you think, oh that is cool. a week later and there are 5-10 of these a day and it is like STFU we get it already.

:)

no one ever posts pictures of them in a shatty local, in an unglamorous position....

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
A friend of mine is a probation officer. It seems a lot of people on probation don't understand that you can change privacy settings on facebook. They will post pictures of themselves at bars or parties drinking. Probation officers don't call them out on it directly but will say that they know someone who saw them drinking.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
i think i've nodded to more posts in this thread than any other ever on CF.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I enjoy the "I grew up and drank from the water hose, played until the street lights came on, blah blah blah" ones. Also, "It's national love your wife, kids, grandparents week on facebook". I am pretty sure those come around more often than once a year on there.
I want to post "It national love me day. Love me."

I love me some me.

MrOtter

Sep 6, 2010
Fort Collins, CO
I feel like this is relevant here:

contextbot.png