Post meet social

bthomps01

Dec 7, 2006
Can anyone that has attended a past social provide their experience?

Are these well attended?

I noticed one is this Sunday after West Virgina - why go all the way to the Sukup center?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Can anyone that has attended a past social provide their experience?

Are these well attended?

I noticed one is this Sunday after West Virgina - why go all the way to the Sukup center?

The last one was well attended. Usually light snacks, pretzels, popcorn and you can buy a beer and meet coaches, wrestlers.

Dresser or Zadick usually talk for a little bit about the dual.

It only lasts about an hour. Well worth it. Take the time to introduce yourself to the coaches. All are very receptive to meetings the fans.

Not sure why Sukup instead of Johnny's. Maybe to get Hilton empty, so they can set up for the next event. Pretty cool to see Sukup and stadium anyway.

If you have any questions that you are dying to know the answer, good time to ask the coaches personally.

Reactions: 6scrapper7

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
  1. Cyclone Wrestling‏ @CycloneWR 3h3 hours ago

Cyclone fans have another opportunity to meet the staff and wrestlers at the Sukup End Zone Club following the dual on Sunday! #Cyclonespic.twitter.com/ne0HleS3gj

DT6V3QEUMAI_6TI.jpg

0 replies 4 retweets 13 likes

bthomps01

Dec 7, 2006
I'm glad I went - I was able to check out the Sukup center, pretty nice.. KD spoke, has a good sense of humor and appears to be connecting with the athletes. Colbry wins by stalling someone else out :) - thought that was pretty funny. Zadick spoke as well as Marcus - both well spoken. Overall I think the coaches and team really appreciate the crowd and noise

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Agree. Fun atmosphere. Doesn't last long. Great time to chat with coaches and wrestlers.

Always enjoy talking with Earl and Kyven also.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I also talked to Austin Gomez for a little while. He felt great at the tourney Saturday. Not sure if there are anymore open tourneys that are relatively close to go to.

Concussion was pretty bad & wanted to be very cautious with it. Smart move!

Great young man!

Jun 17, 2017
I also talked to Austin Gomez for a little while. He felt great at the tourney Saturday. Not sure if there are anymore open tourneys that are relatively close to go to.

Concussion was pretty bad & wanted to be very cautious with it. Smart move!

Great young man!

The Duhawk Open in Dubuque is this Saturday. I doubt there is a lot of competition, but I think Austin is planning on going.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron