Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speakers

cy4life94

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2012
Cedar Rapids
I want to buy a portable speaker to take golfing or just take outside if if doing yard work or grilling and such, and I am wondering if anybody on here had experience with them. One of my buddies has an expensive Bose speaker which I really do not think I need to spend that much on, but I was wondering at what point I could really tell the quality would be lacking if I went too cheap. I don't want to buy the cheapest one I can find, only to buy another one in a year. Thanks for the help.

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
I've got the Bose mini soundlink 2, and it's worth every penny. I use it everyday. I would recommend spending the money for quality.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
The JBL Clips are great to take golfing and reasonably priced. I daisy chain two of them together in the cart when I go and they sound great.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Braven Balance. Not expensive ($65 on Amazon right now), can take it anywhere (thing is waterproof...fully submerged...at least 20 minutes, so can handle just about any water you can throw at it), a single charge last a long time (I've never killed the charge before my music playing device's charge ran out, so I really don't know how long it holds consecutively. Long time I imagine) and sounds pretty good. Only negative is the Bluetooth connectivity range. Can't get much more than 20-30 feet. Honestly don't think the range is a deal breaker though.

Last edited:

4CY4EVR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2010
I bought the Bose mini sound link 2 last week when Amazon was doing their prime deals for 130.00. Very pleased with it thus far. It sounds great & has a nice docking station where you can keep it charged & grab it whenever you change rooms or wherever .

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I want to buy a portable speaker to take golfing

SQZ82eP.gif

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
Highly recommend JBL Charge 3. Great sound, battery life, waterproof, has a speaker, can chain together if you have another one.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Love my Anker Soundcore 2. It fills my garage nicely and sounds great on my bike. And at $46, it's a very affordable option.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Go on slickdeals.net and see what's currently on sale.
I got a great deal on a JBL Flip 2 a while ago and put it in one of my bike water bottle holders when I go biking. JBL makes great portable speakers.

Reactions: Macloney

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
These are pretty cheap plus you get two. I bought them a year and a half ago, I use them basically daily so they are durable for the price. Mine get used outside a ton, they've stood up pretty good against the elements. I have an older Beats Pill that I use inside that is great but I wanted something waterproof that I could drag around with me when grilling, working in the yard or garage,camping, vacation,kayaking,tubing etc.. These have done the job, nothing fancy but they've held up. For 50-60 bucks, I feel like I've gotten my moneys worth and I don't worry about damaging or losing them nearly as much.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/iLive-IS...utdoor-Bluetooth-Speakers/51756079#about-item

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I recommend UE Boom. This is the original, which is what I have and really like it. There's a newer model for around $170.

UE BOOM Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Black Amazon product

I've got this one too and am a big fan.

OP - Not sure how hard you're going to be on yours, but I think the water-proof vs. water resistance speakers is a huge deal and these and is worth the extra money to make sure you don't jack up a speaker. I think water resistant ones can get a "little" wet, while the water proof ones you can submerge. When I was buying, I think the JBL and UE were the two best waterproof versions.

I've had mine camping, where it been rained on, and white water rafting, where it was submerged and it hasn't missed a beat. Also, having a speaker when golfing is underrated.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Even the cheap $20 ones will last quite a while. I use them at work, I have to have ear plugs in tho. They do the job, maybe a lil tin-e sounding.
I have a Bose mini as well, great sound, maybe too much bass.
Won't go wrong with most speakers, but look for ones that can control volume and skip songs etc on the speaker itself.

Help Support Us

Become a patron