Votes: 62 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
WVU has lost 6 of their last 7. WVUs collapse feels like Prohms last year.
Can't get myself to bet this one straight up at the current line, so I'm teasing both us and Purdue up to +10.5

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Picked WV in the pool, but I think it's possible ISU wins, if they just shoot fantastically and WV plays like crap - which they have been doing. Hey Nixon has had like 1 good shooting night, maybe he will have a 2nd.

However, I think it's more likely that WV pushes them around, makes it un-fun and they throttle ISU from the start. But even in that scenario, I could see it being close near the end and the line is such that it could be a bad beat either way. I wouldn't touch 5.5 with my money.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I have a feeling this game will be just the cure for what has been ailing WVU. WVU will probably feast on offensive rebounds and I don't see ISU scoring very easily against them.
I was going to post this.. I'm usually never negative, but if there's a game for WVU to get their groove / mojo back, it'd be against a team that can't play defense, doesn't rebound well, and doesn't shoot the ball well.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
WVU is a tough team, ISU is not. Rebounding and toughness will be the difference. I am not betting on this one. I did bet Okie St but did not vote in the poll for that. Too many people had faith in ISU and pushed our consensus record worse!

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
ISU wins this game out right. West Virginia is a shell of what they were earlier in the year. Should not even be in the NCAA tourney

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
WVU is a tough team, ISU is not. Rebounding and toughness will be the difference. I am not betting on this one. I did bet Okie St but did not vote in the poll for that. Too many people had faith in ISU and pushed our consensus record worse!
Not me, knew OSU would be a loss and they would cover. Pretty much figure the only time we look good is if we’re playing the bottom 7 of the Big 12 at home, and look like crap on the road no matter what.

• Agree
Reactions: twojman

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
Put 5 units on West Virginia to cover 5. Spread is now 6.5. ISU will have to play great in order to win/cover tonight and I just don't see it happening. Bobby Huggins knows he needs this win and he is going to get his guys going after playing like crap the past couple weeks.

I don't think this Cyclone team has the fight in them to scrap with some of their athletes.