Phil Hawes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
Watching UFC tonight and heard he wrestled at Iowa State. He instantly became one of my favorite UFC fighters. He’s won 3 straight UFC fights and has been looking great.

• Informative
Reactions: CyGold

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
DFW - fyi Jon "Bones" Jones was in the room at ISU for a (I think when Cael was coaching). He's another successful UFC guy with ISU ties. I wonder if there are any others out there?

Reactions: DFWClone

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
DFW - fyi Jon "Bones" Jones was in the room at ISU for a (I think when Cael was coaching). He's another successful UFC guy with ISU ties. I wonder if there are any others out there?
Justin Eilers was a bad ass linebacker that played for coach Mac. He had a career in the ufc. He was featured in a knockout highlight show. Unfortunately, on the receiving end of a kick from Brandon ‘the Truth‘ Vera. He was killed by a gunshot wound from his step father in a domestic dispute.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

He verballed to ISU, but two months later signed a LOI with Northern Iowa. Never made it to either campus.

• Informative
Reactions: CyGold and crablegs

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
He verballed to ISU, but two months later signed a LOI with Northern Iowa. Never made it to either campus.
This. He would have been a beast wrestling D1, but wasn’t for him.

Dont forget another UFC Champion, Cain Velazquez, also an ICCC wrestler.

Reactions: Drew0311

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This. He would have been a beast wrestling D1, but wasn’t for him.

Dont forget another UFC Champion, Cain Velazquez, also an ICCC wrestler.
When is Pat(what’s his name) who wrestled for ICCC and ISU and Nebraska and tried Iowa, going to go UFC? That has to be in his cards.