Peacemaker - HBO Series

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Anyone else watching this? Not big on the comic book cinematic universes but this series has had me rolling quite a few times. Also Cena isn't a great actor but he's kind of perfect for the part.

BrightFaintDromedary-size_restricted.gif

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'm definitely enjoying it.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I am enjoying this show tremendously. Cena is great and Vigilante is hilarious. Not sure if it is already green lit or about to be green lit for a second season. Looking forward to more!

Reactions: Cycho1

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Love it. The wife loves it too. I agree Cena is great in the role, but I've actually been surprised by his range. The action/slapstick potential was obvious from his wrestling career, but he's done really well with some more emotionally challenging scenes and dialog driven comedy too IMO. The end credit scenes after each episode are terrific.

ETA: my wife looked it up after the second to last episode, and he's actually playing the piano in that scene. He apparently taught himself Mandarin too.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I am enjoying this show tremendously. Cena is great and Vigilante is hilarious. Not sure if it is already green lit or about to be green lit for a second season. Looking forward to more!

Vigilante reminds me of a guy I work with. I don’t recognize him from anything else but he’s hilarious.

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
4 episodes in from yesterday and Peacemakers rant about Batman in episode 2 was the best thing I heard so far.

Reactions: Bigman38

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I can’t remember the last time, if ever, I’ve been watching four new weekly shows from one “channel” or service but I’m watching 4 on HBO max and they are all completely different, not even remotely similar.

I get D+ having a huge base but I can’t see how max isn’t already crushing Netflix and Hulu.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Anyone else watching this? Not big on the comic book cinematic universes but this series has had me rolling quite a few times. Also Cena isn't a great actor but he's kind of perfect for the part.

BrightFaintDromedary-size_restricted.gif

I am and it is spectacular.
Honestly though it is the perfect mix of ridiculousness and humor with a bit of over the top violence I want in a "superhero" series to wind down with after work. James Gunn knows how to make this genre (Guardians of the Galaxy and Suicide Squad) that hits for me. Not serious but just fun.
And the entire thought of Eagly being his pet sidekick cracks me up.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I am and it is spectacular.
Honestly though it is the perfect mix of ridiculousness and humor with a bit of over the top violence I want in a "superhero" series to wind down with after work. James Gunn knows how to make this genre (Guardians of the Galaxy and Suicide Squad) that hits for me. Not serious but just fun.
And the entire thought of Eagly being his pet sidekick cracks me up.

Dash of nudity and three-way sex too

At least in the episode I saw. Negative points for too much nekkid man ass.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Dash of nudity and three-way sex too

At least in the episode I saw. Negative points for too much nekkid man ass.
John Cena’s body is seriously gross, he went way too far past the muscular threshold.

I love the show, although this season has probably been a couple episodes too long, the last episode or so has really been treading water. Vigilante is an amazing character.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Finale was pretty good, if a little predictable. The cameos at the end were great.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Fantastic finale. I wasn't sure how it would play out, but I'm satisfied with the way that it did. I'll never look at Green Arrow the same way again

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Yes. It's a guilty pleasure. A little embarrassed to be laughing at the crude jr-hi humor, but yeah. And EAGLY, man. He is a STAR. Best thing since Salem on that teenage witch show thing.

Eagly.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: LLCoolCY

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I knew if any of the Justice League showed up it’d be Mamoa, he’d fit right in with the show.

That last night fight scene was great, pretty good way to end the season.

Reactions: Mr Janny

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron