Peacemaker - HBO Series

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Watched all 8 episodes over the weekend. Cena does a great job! I still think Marvel's Deadpool is funnier, but DC's Peacemaker was worth the laugh.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I knew if any of the Justice League showed up it’d be Mamoa, he’d fit right in with the show.

That last night fight scene was great, pretty good way to end the season.

Also highlighted their next wave of movies after this new Batman, Aquaman 2 and The Flash.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Watched all 8 episodes over the weekend. Cena does a great job! I still think Marvel's Deadpool is funnier, but DC's Peacemaker was worth the laugh.

Seems like Disney is finally getting around to the guaranteed money maker that is Deadpool 3. Honestly thinking they are tempting anti-trust litigation if they sit on X-men property much longer in a biz still obsessed with superhero sequels.

Cyrock18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2020
I liked this more than any Marvel show, I still enjoyed those, but DC did great with letting Gunn be himself.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I liked this more than any Marvel show, I still enjoyed those, but DC did great with letting Gunn be himself.

I haven’t particularly liked Marvel shows in spite of liking nearly every Marvel movie. When I started watching Titans on HBO Max I was like “finally a hero series done right” but it went downhill fast for me in season 2/3.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

I actually did too. Although I can’t say too much bad about the marvel series. They were each good in their own way. But you knew once Gunn was involved, this was going to be fun. Cena is good in this role and has shown he can be self deprecating. Gunn always does a good job incorporating music into the scenes and the 80s hair is a perfect fit here.

Cyrock18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2020
I haven’t particularly liked Marvel shows in spite of liking nearly every Marvel movie. When I started watching Titans on HBO Max I was like “finally a hero series done right” but it went downhill fast for me in season 2/3.
Loki and Wandavision are the 2 I enjoyed, Loki the most, didn’t really get into any of the other series. Have you seen the Boys or Invincible? Those are great “superhero” shows. I’d put Peacemaker on the same level of those.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Loki and Wandavision are the 2 I enjoyed, Loki the most, didn’t really get into any of the other series. Have you seen the Boys or Invincible? Those are great “superhero” shows. I’d put Peacemaker on the same level of those.

Yeah I love The Boys. For an ongoing series it might be my fav hero series.

Watchmen HBO limited series is not for everyone but the production values are easily the best of any hero series imho. The original score is incredible, better than any recent film score. I’m sure the Boys creators admit being inspired by original watchmen graphic novel too.

Been meaning to watch invincible but haven’t gotten to it.

Reactions: Cyrock18