Pacific NW

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
Flying to Seattle, any recommendations on what to bring back? Checked space is limited.

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
I live in Seattle. What are you doing while you're here? Do you plan on bringing home souvenirs?

If you buy some fresh Salmon from Pikes Market they can overnight it on dry ice to your house (no luggage space required).

It's a great place for beer if you want to bring back some bottles of local brews.

Cyvilian

Apr 15, 2006
Pyramid Brewing is across from Safeco Field. They had a good Scotch Ale, but it doesn't appear to be on their current list. It's Octoberfest! Try their seasonal.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
If you are a golf fan go out to Chambers Bay where they are playing the 15 US Open. A walking trail goes through the course so you can step foot on a few greens/tee boxes if it's not too busy and there are no club employees around.

pikes place is overrated but I liked waking around the rest of downtown Seattle.
Do a ferry ride to Bremerton and tour Puget Sound. Tour is cool and the ferry ride there and back to Seattle is neat

Edit: my bad, didn't realize this was in the beer forum.

Last edited:

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
Sorry perhaps I should have been more descriptive, what beer do I bring back? Although a fresh caught salmon sounds pretty good.