Ozark on Netflix

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
It's also filmed in Georgia, the lake is similar style to the Ozarks but still.

That's funny. I didn't realize it was filmed on Lake Alatoona, which is where I lived (Ackworth, GA) prior to moving to TX. While watching several different times I had commented to my daughter that different areas looked way more like Alatoona than Lake of the Ozarks.

Alatoona is a funny lake that feeds the Chattahoochee River and other downstream lakes (like Lake Martin in AL), because during the winter months the Army Corps drains the lake to about half-full. But I guess that because we've not seen a "winter months" setting on Ozark that distinct association with the lake never shows up.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Julia Garner's acting ... just so damn good in the role of Ruth. The end of S4E7 was another award-winning performance from her.

I believer her sadness/frustration/anger more than her sense of humor. Sometimes her barbs at other people are eye roll-inducing, but she really nails the tinder box part of the character.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Anybody else sense they're setting Frank Jr. up as a hero / savior for Ruth? They got remarkably chummy there near the end of Part 1 S4... and now it's on between her and Javi. I dunno, seems like they've got plans for him.

Reactions: bos

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Watched the Reacher series on Prime and had figured out that the lady cop Roscoe and Ruth were played by the same person.

Only to find out today that they are not at all the same person.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Watched the Reacher series on Prime and had figured out that the lady cop Roscoe and Ruth were played by the same person.

Only to find out today that they are not at all the same person.
Did you follow that up by scheduling an eye doctor appointment?

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Anybody else sense they're setting Frank Jr. up as a hero / savior for Ruth? They got remarkably chummy there near the end of Part 1 S4... and now it's on between her and Javi. I dunno, seems like they've got plans for him.

I feel like they’re going to end up setting up a spin-off series with a few of the characters. I’m just not sure where yet.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ

I can't take credit for this statement, but one YouTube comment said "Ozark without Julia would be ruthless"

20eyes

May 15, 2020
I feel like they’re going to end up setting up a spin-off series with a few of the characters. I’m just not sure where yet.
Wouldn't be surprised but the dude who plays Frank Jr. is currently in another show...not that you can't do two shows but the he is obviously busy...

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Must every overly dramatic show end in an absolute mess? Can we just get somebody out of trouble at the end please? Yeah, I'm a softy.

Reactions: Cyclone06

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
maybe they all wind up in a witness protection program, where they manage a Cinnabon in Omaha ...
Don't we already know that the end is related to a minivan rollover with the whole family together? I know that is how the season started and then filled in from there, but wasn't that the foreshadowing we were given in episode 1 of this final season?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron