OU vs LSU

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
Does OU receive the kick to start the 2nd half? I think they can get back in this if they can drive for a TD to start the half.
We were above average in a weak conference. Got our ass handed to us by a good to great team nationally. Our conference's best team is getting completely demolished by the #1 team. The idea of us ever competing on a national scale seems like a junkies pipe dream even with the unprecedented success that we have had.

Hello darkeness my old friend.
Have a drink (or if you’re drinking, have another). Then it won’t matter.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We were above average in a weak conference. Got our ass handed to us by a good to great team nationally. Our conference's best team is getting completely demolished by the #1 team. The idea of us ever competing on a national scale seems like a junkies pipe dream even with the unprecedented success that we have had.

Hello darkeness my old friend.

We are behind the best teams in the SEC and Big 10. But what have you seen from the ACC besides Clemson, that says, "power league", or the Pac 12?

What the Big 12 is missing is an elite team or two, just very good. OU is a really good team, the rest of the league was average to a little bit above. What the league did not have is truly ****** teams, like the rest of the power 5 leagues have. No Rutgers, no Arkansas's, or most of the teams in the ACC.

Good but not great teams.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
OU has gotten just decimated in these types of games a few times.

It probably hasnt helped that in OU's 4 playoff appearances, 3 times they were the 4 seed, so they got put right up against the #1 right away- and while some years the gap between 1 and 2 or 3 is small, some years that 1 is just head and shoulders above everyone.

OU had one competitive outing, the time they got a 2 seed.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It probably hasnt helped that in OU's 4 playoff appearances, 3 times they were the 4 seed, so they got put right up against the #1 right away- and while some years the gap between 1 and 2 or 3 is small, some years that 1 is just head and shoulders above everyone.

OU had one competitive outing, the time they got a 2 seed.

Have any other playoff games gone as badly as it has for them though?

I'm also reaching back to things like the '04 BCS game. Just railroaded from the get go.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
It's amazing that being down 56-28 still doesn't make the OU band STFU when their D makes a good stop on 2nd down.

Most obnoxious band in college football.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
It's amazing that being down 56-28 still doesn't make the OU band STFU when their D makes a good stop on 2nd down.

Most obnoxious band in college football.

At least they listen to directions about leaving a stadium, and dont accuse the rival fans of assault.

Sorry, game and meltdown on CF have me in a facetious mood.

Reactions: NWICY

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Watching LSU tonight, and then Clemson and tOSU right now.... those 3 teams are on an entirely different level than anyone else in the country... and it isn't even close IMO.

• Winner
Reactions: BigCyFan and surly