Oscars

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I didn't comment on the post. I commented on someone who has been a known racist for years and is not exactly defending minorities now being "my favorite person in Hollywood." That phrase by Stewo was also not a rumination on Marky Mark's comment, but was rather making the bold statement that someone who has been arrested for hate crimes is his "favorite person in Hollywood," and one to adulate and revere. I might keep that one under my hat, personally.

See above response to Clonefan32 - but dude, we should totally forgive all of the outstanding Nazi war criminals because I'm sure that they totally changed their ways from a life that was, at its base, involving blatant hatred of minorities because it was in the 1940s. That's the logic, right? That sort of racist, systemic thinking that was ingrained in them from childhood TOTALLY is going to change.

I think Lena Dunham's one tweet was disgusting. Beyond that, I've never seen any of her shows or anything, so I don't particularly care about her as a person - but no, I wouldn't hold her up as an idol for my kids. I've never quoted her as a revered entity, nor have I ever called her my "favorite person in Hollywood." I certainly am not going to quote a dude who tried to curb-stomp two Asians saying crap about how we shouldn't listen to Hollywood actors, THEREBY LISTENING TO HOLLYWOOD ACTORS.

He was arrested and convicted for assaulting the crap out of minorities because they were minorities. Rather than try to make reparations, or even apologize, he sought to have his record pardoned.

I don't have any big thing about Mark Wahlberg - I think he's a mostly-crappy actor (who managed to almost bring down even "Boogie Nights" by only being able to make that one face) who seems to be a crappier person. He didn't just "say some stuff" - he threw stuff at minority children, he beat the crap out of people.

It's one thing to take down Wahlberg, it's an entirely other thing to disparage Dirk Diggler...

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Anyway, back to the Oscars. I thought overall the wins were well deserved. I personally didn't love Viola Davis in Fences and would have picked Michelle Williams to win.

But Manchester getting screenplay and actor was awesome and Moonlight winning supporting actor, screenplay and picture was incredible. PLEASE SEE THAT MOVIE!

Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
1. Marky mark was smiling during that scene and 2. I didn't look close enough to tell whether it's real or not.

Will let you check your wallpaper to doublecheck.

I am dying! You crafty-tongued bastard.

Another movie he under-reacted his way through (that was wang-free) was "Three Kings." Thank goodness for George and Spike.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Anyway, back to the Oscars. I thought overall the wins were well deserved. I personally didn't love Viola Davis in Fences and would have picked Michelle Williams to win.

But Manchester getting screenplay and actor was awesome and Moonlight winning supporting actor, screenplay and picture was incredible. PLEASE SEE THAT MOVIE!

The main winners were great, however. We now live in a world where "Suicide Squad" is an Academy Award-winning film.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The main winners were great, however. We now live in a world where "Suicide Squad" is an Academy Award-winning film.

If Margot Robbie showed her stuff Id say it was award winning.

Or I can watch wolf and see it. Although I'd have to deal with dbag Leo.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I'm going to have to admit and confess to some ageism here on this one.

When I saw that, IMO, Warren Beatty has not aged well and was seeming to have a hard time reading the envelope or struggling with the name, that he was simply having quite the senior moment (temporary dementia maybe), and that's why it ended up being such a fiasco. The irony is that I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being some twenty-something production assistant working for peanuts who made the mistake.

I don't think Warren Beatty has ever been the brightest bulb and it is unfair to blame it on his age. He seems to make much better decisions now than he did when he was younger. Some actors are just used to reading what they are given. Some PWC partner hands him the wrong envelope and he is clueless and probably would have been clueless 50 years ago too.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
If Margot Robbie showed her stuff Id say it was award winning.

Or I can watch wolf and see it. Although I'd have to deal with dbag Leo.

I am probably a traitor to womankind when I say that I don't really get the Leo thing. I mean, as an actor, he is great. But I think he is just a little TOO pretty for me. There are no rough edges there.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I am probably a traitor to womankind when I say that I don't really get the Leo thing. I mean, as an actor, he is great. But I think he is just a little TOO pretty for me. There are no rough edges there.

On a masculinity scale, I consider his to be about the same as an average woman.

• Agree

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Agreed. I've NEVER been attracted to "pretty" men. I like rugged.

• Agree

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Agreed. I've NEVER been attracted to "pretty" men. I like rugged.

There are the off ones here and there who buck the mold, but by and large, same here. Even, say, Brad Pitt - he's still got a rugged side.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
But I think he is just a little TOO pretty for me. There are no rough edges there.

I say the same thing about actresses @Angie, they need to have some rough edges..for example: Rachel McAdams, she's pretty but has that mole. Then there's Kate Beckinsale, her elbows are too pointy..oh who am I kidding, she's perfect.

• Friendly

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I say the same thing about actresses @Angie, they need to have some rough edges..for example: Rachel McAdams, she's pretty but has that mole. Then there's Kate Beckinsale, her elbows are too pointy..oh who am I kidding, she's perfect.

I just love Rachel McAdams. But way better as a redhead than a blonde.

Maybe Kate's elbows are dry?

Reactions: C.John

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron