On That Note - Instrumentals

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
I had this song/album for only a short while a freshman at ISU; only until someone (could have been me) left it on top of the amp. It isn't as famous as Herb Alpert's version but I like it just as well.

I had the album for this song at the same time but at least it survived and was played into oblivion over the next four years along with the album containing Henry Mancini's Baby Elephant Walk:

Mancini's work on the Peter Gunn and Mr. Lucky tv shows were my favorites of his work, like this one:

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I don't remember where, but I sorta recently learned that model for the cover was pregnant at the time. Somebody interviewed her or the offspring, I think. The kid was 50 or the album was 50 or something. I just don't remember the specific details, but still, "cool story bro" material.

Some trivia about the infamous album cover photo...

http://stuffnobodycaresabout.com/20...os-from-the-sexiest-album-cover-of-the-1960s/
1) She was wearing a bikini underneath
2) The substance covering her is mostly shaving cream
3) She was pregnant at the time

• Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I apologize if this was posted already...I totally forgot about it, but the 1968 thread reminded me of it.

Lalo Schifrin released a sound track album for Mission Impossible. The main theme was released as single. His album version is a little different than what you hear on the TV show, but IMO, this arrangement really rocks.

Folklore has it that this single was played on American Bandstand, but the kids had difficulty dancing to it because of the 5/4 time signature.

Reactions: MeanDean

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron