On That Note: Give Us Your Keys

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
Allman Brothers-Please Call Home (Gregg Allman's solo version brings the piano to the forefront but it's not on youtube)

Edit: Here's a live performance.

His solo version of Midnight Rider also feature more of his organ playing. I'm a fan of both versions of the song. His solo version was the first version I heard as it was an overnight staple on KGGO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cydar and matclone

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Interesting, I didn't cross-check that one w/ Beatles Bible.

We have a bit of a quandary :) .... we MUST get to the bottom of this! ;)

I've got an idea: We'll just ask @MeanDean. :D

I've no idea on that one. I would check Lewisohn's recording sessions book for the best source. My copy got water damaged and I never did replace it. :(

• Informative
Reactions: cyclones500

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I've no idea on that one. I would check Lewisohn's recording sessions book for the best source. My copy got water damaged and I never did replace it. :(

Thanks. I should pick up a copy of that. Never can have have enough Beatles reference books. :)

Reminds me, I haven't purchased "Tune In" yet, even though I got an an e-book sample more than a year ago. :(

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Some have already been posted, but when we were doing the decades thing, I ended up with this huge list of songs from the 1970s, that were on the radio and I liked generally I suppose, but sounded quite a bit alike (given the nature of the songs YouTube puts out there for you). So I posted almost none of them. Nor were they really representative of what was playing on AM radio in the 1970s, which might typically have 2 Beatles’ songs per hour, Rolling Stones, Kinks, etc., and older songs. Disco I was never a fan of, though many songs then shaded into that (including by the Rolling Stones).

Going through them now, keyboards factor in more in the 1970s than the 1960s. But they are not necessarily “primary” or dominant.

This first one below is somewhat like that, which I am posting as an example. You hear it a lot at first, then it tends to blend in with everything else. Listening again, the last one probably too (the 2nd and 3rd the least so).

But these love songs were the ones with the most dominant keyboard from among all the ones on that huge list (other than ones others here have already posted).

Last edited: