On That Note: Begin the Begin

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Welcome back to “On That Note,” CF’s interactive weekly music series, hosted by @MeanDean, @CycloneRulzzz and me, cyclones500.

With a new year underway, the focus this time is concept of “beginning.”

1. Songs with titles containing forms of “begin” and “start,” or any word connected with the concept (random examples: launch, forward, dawning, take off)
2. Songs containing lyrics with the relevant words, but they should be significant part of the lyrical flow. There is some leeway with key words as long as it encompasses the basic theme (you’re allowed to “get a little creative” if it’s conceptual).
As a starting point, here’s the thread’s namesake ...

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Welcome back to “On That Note,” CF’s interactive weekly music series, hosted by @MeanDean, @CycloneRulzzz and me, cyclones500.

1. Songs with titles containing forms of “begin” and “start,” or any word connected with the concept (random examples: launch, forward, dawning, take off)
2. Songs containing lyrics with the relevant words, but they should be significant part of the lyrical flow. There is some leeway with key words as long as it encompasses the basic theme (you’re allowed to “get a little creative” if it’s conceptual).

Life's Rich Pageant = best REM album. That is all.

drlove

Mar 20, 2007

My favorite album, and it comes out big with Begin the Begin.

it really didn’t get its due IMO

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
You get up every morning from your alarm clock's warning
Take the 8:15 into the city
There's a whistle up above and people pushin', people shovin'
And the girls who try to look pretty
And if your train's on time, you can get to work by nine
And start your slaving job to get your pay
If you ever get annoyed, look at me I'm self-employed
I love to work at nothing all day

Reactions: MeanDean and Cydar