On That Note: All Apologies

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
My scroll isn't cooperating today, so skipping looking through all the pages. So, apologies (haha!) if I'm repeating anything already mentioned.

Madonna's "Sorry", the second single from Confessions on a Dance Floor. It peaked at #58 on the Hot 100, but did hit #1 or #2 in ten different countries around the world. It was a U.S. Dance Club Songs #1.

A Tony Arzadon remix of Timbaland featuring One Republic's "Apologize". The original version was a #2 Hot 100 hit in 2007.

Barbara Mandrell's "Best of Strangers", a #6 Hot Country Singles hit from 1980. Lyric: I don't touch you/You don't touch me/Except passing in the hall/Then when we do, we both apologize.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Barbara Mandrell's "Crackers", a #3 Country Singles hit from 1980. Lyrics: Hello baby, I'm sorry I said the things I did.

"Sayin' Sorry Don't Make It Right" by Denise Lopez, a #1 Billboard Dance 12" Single Sales song from 1988. I LOVE freestyle!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Welcome back to “On That Note,” CF’s weekly excursion into music listening & discussion, co-hosted by @MeanDean, @CycloneRulzzz and cyclones500.

For this segment, as thread title suggests, our focus is songs with title/lyrics involving forms of "apology," along with closely associated key words: sorry, regret and remorse.

Also accepted: Songs involving a storyline that fits the apology theme (even if lyrics/title don’t include the core words).
  • In case you missed it: Last week’s OTN: Hold On
I'll get us going with a song title (parenthetical) & lyrics in the "subcategory."

"So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry)" - R.E.M.

Found this nice song by Michael McDonald. It is at least close to the genre, so... here goes, Tears To Come, lyrics to follow.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'm sorry that I never knew the way to show my love for you
I took too much for granted all the time
Two hearts in love must give and take
When one heart feels the other breaks
Don't make me go, I wanna show this love of mine

That's some wicked solo work! :D

Nice to see a young Johnny Cash there!

Reactions: cycophagus

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I knew there was another one I just couldn't think of. The Sorrow song I posted the three versions of... today it kept going through my brain. And suddenly I remembered this song. I actually had this album back in the day.

"All my sorrows, sad tomorrows, take me back."

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron