Omaha Old Market Restaurants/Bars

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Anyone have any recommendations on good bars and restaurants in Omaha's Old Market area?

Heading there in a few weeks for a long weekend with some friends, and was curious about good places to eat and drink. We're planning on spending some quality time at Brickway Brewery/Distillery, but didn't have a whole lot else on the docket. The plan is to be pretty well drunk for the whole weekend. I know there are some Omaha area CFers, who probably know the best places, so any insight would be appreciated

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
We used to go the the College World series every year and Billy Frogs was always one of our go to drinking establishments.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
Twisted Fork has a pretty diverse menu. Plank's is good seafood. Blue is pretty good sushi (Downstairs for a quiet dinner. Upstairs for more of a bar/party atmosphere). Upstream Brewing is decent but I have been there so many times that I am not a fan anymore. Roja is pretty good Mexican. 801 Chophouse if you want to spend a **** ton on really good steak. Goodnight's is pretty decent pizza but that is further north across from TD Ameritrade. Zio's is also good pizza.

I don't really go to bars anymore. If I do, we usually go along 10th St to Stadium Club, JD Tucker's, etc.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
If you want to go to some good bars, go to the new Blackstone area.

That might be a little far. We're trying to stay in Old Market and stumbling distance from the hotel.

buchacho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Baltimore, MD
I know you said Old Market, but i am going to suggest a couple downtown places because it is right next to the Old Market. I really like Wilson & Washburn. They have excellent food and great drinks. The atmosphere is also top notch. If we are talking just food, Block 16 is easily one of the best restaurants in Omaha. They have awesome and delicious takes on many different foods. Their Dragon fries and their Duck, Duck, Goose fries are so good!! I also like Mercury for drinks. They have great cocktails and because it is just outside the Old Market, the drinks are two to three dollars cheaper than at a place like Berry & Rye (which is my favorite bar in the Old Market btw). If you have any other questions, let me know!! I have lived right on the edge of the Old Market and Downtown for the last five and a half years. :)

• Useful
Reactions: Mr Janny

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Will repeat Blue. My Fiance loves that stuff and we go there when she was in PT school. The other stuff on the menu ain't bad either.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Jackson Street Tavern was one of our favorite spots in the Old Market. It's a bit nicer than the other pubs , but it's in a good spot with an open patio. Stokes is great modern mexican/southwestern food. I think they still have a location in the Old Market.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
awesome recommendations, folks. Thanks,.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
DJs is closer to Century Link, but a good place to watch a game and have some drinks, better than BWW but that same kind of vibe. If you can go to mid town I would do that. Uber, cab, hotel shuttle. There are some really cool places there and it is a nice pocket of new stuff.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Crescent Moon is a staple there. Glass boot drinking but further out from old market.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Omaha Tap House at 14th and Farnam...next to the 801 Chophouse. Very tasty burgers and sandwiches along with a decent selection of beers.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
A lot of good suggestions on here.

Someone mentioned Plank which we really enjoyed. Only ate there once the week before we bolted out of Omaha, but it was really good. Seafood and steak were delicious.

Help Support Us

Become a patron