Olde Main closing

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
New article about the questionable business practices of the owner of Olde Main. Sounds like a terrible guy. Long article but worth the read.

Olde Main Article

I thought I knew a lot about that situation, but it was even much, much worse than I thought!

Reactions: Angie

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I just read that whole article. Why is it that if I don't pay a seatbelt ticket, they suspend my license and put out an arrest warrant. However, a guy like this seems to get away with everything. Makes me mad. I hope everyone in Ames reads this story and nobody goes to his bars ever again. Hope any new possible employees realize what he has done to past employees and nobody will work for him or at least get paid up front.

He has had numerous warrants out. He was just hiding so he couldn't get arrested.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Because breweries are responsible for cleaning their own lines. Usually the distributors do it if you agree to a certain percentage of their taps. It probably comes at no surprise, those lines were never cleaned.

Not surprising, that would explain a lot.....

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I'm surprised the food vendor let the unpaid food bill get that high. The food vendor for one of my restaurant clients throws a tantrum if a bill is missed and doesn't want to deliver until it's paid.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Seems to me the Ames PD isn't looking that hard. How he hasn't done real time is amazing.

I agree, but in the eyes of the law he hasn't done anything really serious. Mainly missing court dates and stuff like that. The real stuff will happen after the IRS is Done with him

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan and CTTB78

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Seems to me the Ames PD isn't looking that hard. How he hasn't done real time is amazing.

My understanding is that no one is looking at all unless it’s a felony warrant, though I’m sure there are nuances. It is incredible that this went on as long as it did, and that he seems to think he can pull a fast one on the ABD and reopen DGs and Corner Pocket in November.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
This is a "I heard it from a friend of a friend of a coworker's friend." kind of thing. So take it for what it's worth, but supposedly the Olde Main building has been sold. Another little detail is that the freezers were never emptied before the power was shut off so... You can imagine what it's like in there right now.

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
This is a "I heard it from a friend of a friend of a coworker's friend." kind of thing. So take it for what it's worth, but supposedly the Olde Main building has been sold. Another little detail is that the freezers were never emptied before the power was shut off so... You can imagine what it's like in there right now.
My goodness... any idea who bought it and what’s going to go in there?

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
:eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: Cytasticlone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Ames Trib reporting the building has been sold with a close date on the 23rd.
Everything inside is being auctioned off.

• Informative
Reactions: Angie and Cycsk

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
So who wants to start a micro brewery? Probably could get a pretty good deal on some equipment.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So who wants to start a micro brewery? Probably could get a pretty good deal on some equipment.
They bought a good chunk of that equipment used, so it'll be interesting what happens to it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron