Ohio State vs Illinois Cancelled

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Can't think like that. That embarrassment of a game likely woke this team up. Impossible to say if the season plays out the same.

I have a hard time believing this team would look past anyone, even if they beat Louisiana. You don’t roll out this string of W’s overlooking anyone.

Reactions: CycloneErik

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If it’s Indy and NW in the CCG and NW lays the lumber to Indy, how can you rationalize OSU in the playoffs?
Indiana will beat Northwestern.

ACC and SEC will combine to get no more than 3 spots.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I have a hard time believing this team would look past anyone, even if they beat Louisiana. You don’t roll out this string of W’s overlooking anyone.
Still can't just say "if only we didn't lose that Louisiana game." The pressure would have really ramped up with each win. Not saying these guys couldn't handle it and do exactly what they did, but sports doesn't work with just a simple result of a game change. It's a little like a butterfly effect type of thing. Just my opinion as I never buy into that in sports unless of course it's the last game of the season and you lose to cost yourself a spot in the playoff a la Iowa when they lost to Michigan State in the Big Ten Championship a few years ago.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
IMO the Buckeyes will be playing for the Big10 Championship game.

I believe the 6 game requirement is if Big10 teams average 8 games. With the rise of Covid, would not surprise me if they get 5 games in and are the East divisions team in the Big10 Championship against NW.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Can't think like that. That embarrassment of a game likely woke this team up. Impossible to say if the season plays out the same.

If it wasn't Louisiana we would have started slow against someone else. We've looked rough to start the season in the Campbell era.

Bob f

Nov 9, 2019
Iowa
Coach and several players tested positive which cancelled the game.

They are also very likely to cancel next week due to protocols making Ohio State ineligible for the B1G Championship

What will the playoff committee do?
If Ohio state has a practice game this year, they're in. Bar nun

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I will admit tOSU is a real legit football team. That being said, I have a hard time with having them in the playoffs when they MIGHT have played 7 total games including the Big 10 title game.

Poorly run conference.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Coach and several players tested positive which cancelled the game.

They are also very likely to cancel next week due to protocols making Ohio State ineligible for the B1G Championship

What will the playoff committee do?

Easy, just change the rules and let OSU in even if they don't play another regular season game. :oops:

Reactions: agentbear

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I will admit tOSU is a real legit football team. That being said, I have a hard time with having them in the playoffs when they MIGHT have played 7 total games including the Big 10 title game.
There is a very good chance we end up with more wins than Ohio State (and Penn State combined) this year prior to post-season. Another first for the program.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
CFP
I'm sure I'm being a bad fan here, but I wouldn't want that at all. Backdooring into the playoffs to be massacred by Bama or Clemson doesn't sound fun at all. Give me a NY6 against a team we can compete with. Yes, the CFP would be great for the program, but the game would be bad.
How is going 10 -1 and winning your conference championship backdooring into the playoffs?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
They'd take Florida or A&M over the 4th seed. Hell this might let Cincy be the 4th seed. No chance a Big 12 team is getting in unfortunately unless absolute chaos happens in the top 10

Just opened the door for Buffalo! ;)