NFL: ***Official Week Two Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Texans @ Bengals tonight. Deshaun Watson is expected to start at QB for the Texans. I'm surprised. After the draft I had figured that Trubisky would be the first rookie QB to get the starting job. As it turns out it was Kizer in Cleveland, followed by Watson in Houston.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Lot of teams agonizing over QB choices. If you don't have a franchise QB, you're just schedule filler. And after all we heard about Bortles stinking up the joint in preseason, he goes out and punks the mighty Texan defense.

I'll say it again - you have to be half crazy to bet on NFL games.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Lot of teams agonizing over QB choices. If you don't have a franchise QB, you're just schedule filler. And after all we heard about Bortles stinking up the joint in preseason, he goes out and punks the mighty Texan defense.

Jax kind of kept it away from Bortles by just pounding Fournette and Ivory all day.

There are a lot of ugly looking games this week, but Titans-Jags, Vikings-Steelers, Philly-KC, Den-Dal, GB-Atl are all very intriguing.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Mr Janny

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Hold your horses, there. Blake Bortles didn't even remotely "punk" the Texans. He was 11-21 for 125 yards and a TD. You'd be hard pressed to even call that pedestrian quarterback play. The Jags defense punked the Texans. Blake Bortles had very little to do with it.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

I agree about betting on NFL games (the league is way too volatile from week to week), but all Bortles did was not screw things up for Jacksonville. They went run heavy and their defense took advantage of the Texans' o-line. As soon as defensive coordinators start selling out to stop the run and force Bortles to throw the ball you're going to see the same guy as last season - a turnover machine with poor mechanics and zero confidence.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
KO is one of Football Outsiders Stars of Week 1. He dominated Jurrell Casey, who is really good.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Multiple outlets are reporting that the Colts will be going with Jacoby Brissett at QB on Sunday. He's been there like two weeks and already he's a better option than Scott Tolzien. I don't understand why that guy is still even on the roster after last weekend. That was some of the worst QB play I've ever seen. Coming from an ISU fan, that's strong criticism.

• Funny
Reactions: riceville98

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Ridiculous that KCCI would put the Patriots/Saints game on instead of the Chiefs/Eagles game. Know your market audience!
The Chiefs and Eagles is an interdivision game so it is aired on the away teams normal network. So it should be carried by Fox.
Come to Omaha, we have Saints vs Patriots on CBS and the Chiefs vs. Eagles on FOX followed up by the Cowboys being that the NFL has to shove them down our throat every single week.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Multiple outlets are reporting that the Colts will be going with Jacoby Brissett at QB on Sunday. He's been there like two weeks and already he's a better option than Scott Tolzien. I don't understand why that guy is still even on the roster after last weekend. That was some of the worst QB play I've ever seen. Coming from an ISU fan, that's strong criticism.
It makes you appreciate what Peyton Manning did all those years in Indy. He carried that team year in and year out.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
The Chiefs and Eagles is an interdivision game so it is aired on the away teams normal network. So it should be carried by Fox.
Come to Omaha, we have Saints vs Patriots on CBS and the Chiefs vs. Eagles on FOX followed up by the Cowboys being that the NFL has to shove them down our throat every single week.

Yeah, wondered about that right after I made the post. And yes, we're getting the Cowboys also, think it's the "Game of the Week" so everyone gets to watch those chokers.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Yeah, wondered about that right after I made the post. And yes, we're getting the Cowboys also, think it's the "Game of the Week" so everyone gets to watch those chokers.
It just sucks because every single week the NFL makes the Cowboys the game of the week. Whether it be Monday night, Sunday night or the late game on Sundays. I get so tired of them forcing us to watch that same team over and over.

On another note I see Miami linebacker Lawrence Timmons went AWOL today. They say he flew to San Diego but no one knows where he went.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...-on-game-day/ar-AAs4LkC?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Joe Thomas has played over 10k start snaps to begin his career. Pretty impressive for an OL. Unfortunately, it has all been with the Browns.

21557602_1627991430580872_3073052649680807111_n.jpg

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Chiefs got lucky Brady didn't put away the game last week. New England is still the best team in football. Dallas/Seattle/Pittsburgh are somewhere in discussion for #2.

AFC Chamionship Steelers at Patriots
NFC Championship Seahawks at Cowboys
That should be fun!

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Arizona can't buy a good kicker. I think karma catches up with Bruce Arians since he is such a *********.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron