NFL: ***Official Week Eleven Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Helps being in a crap Division for a long time but still pretty ridiculous:

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
giphy.gif

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Nagy is lucky he was under Andy Reid. People just assumed he could coach offense. Wrong.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Not something once said when the rams are playing. Looks like Sean McVay isn't the genius that he was made out to be.

Funny how fast the genius rep goes away when you're saddled with a crap o-line. Same problem in LA and Chicago. I don't think Nagy and McVay suddenly forgot how to coach. It's just hard to make something out of nothing when the offensive line is no good.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Big AFC West game tonight. I like KC with Mahomes at or close to 100%, but if the Chargers can find a way it leaves them at 5-6 and in the mix with all-everything safety Derwin James coming back soon.

Weird to think the Raiders would be in first place in the division if the Chargers do win tonight. It's worth pointing out that they've feasted on weak competition (by my count they have one quality win, a road win at Indy) but Gruden has exceeded my low expectations. I thought for sure they'd be in the running for the top overall pick this year, not positioned to maybe make the playoffs heading into December.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Ryan Pace thinking to himself - "Damn, I coulda had Mahomes or Watson. Instead I get Mitch the ***** Trubisky."

Not only that, but no real Plan B. They could have added a reliable backup either in the offseason or before the trade deadline. I think their offense might run a little more smoothly with Chase Daniel in but there's definitely a limit to how much he can do. I don't know. As bad as the o-line is I'm not sure it matters who's at QB for them.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Big AFC West game tonight. I like KC with Mahomes at or close to 100%, but if the Chargers can find a way it leaves them at 5-6 and in the mix with all-everything safety Derwin James coming back soon.

Weird to think the Raiders would be in first place in the division if the Chargers do win tonight. It's worth pointing out that they've feasted on weak competition (by my count they have one quality win, a road win at Indy) but Gruden has exceeded my low expectations. I thought for sure they'd be in the running for the top overall pick this year, not positioned to maybe make the playoffs heading into December.
What's crazy is that their schedule doesn't get much harder. I think I heard that they only have 1 game left against a team with a winning record this season. I don't think they're a particularly good team, but they could very likely be a factor in the playoff mix.

That's almost a double edged sword, though. If they end up 9-7 and an early out of the playoffs, it makes it more difficult to cut ties with Carr. And I think that's something they want to do.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
What's crazy is that their schedule doesn't get much harder. I think I heard that they only have 1 game left against a team with a winning record this season. I don't think they're a particularly good team, but they could very likely be a factor in the playoff mix.

That's almost a double edged sword, though. If they end up 9-7 and an early out of the playoffs, it makes it more difficult to cut ties with Carr. And I think that's something they want to do.

Their remaining schedule:

@ Jets (W)
@ KC (L)
TEN (With the Titans, who knows?)
JAX (last home game in Oakland, probable W)
@ Chargers (tossup)
@ Broncos (W)

I think 9-7 is about right although 10-6 isn't out of the question. I do wonder what happens with Carr. There's no way of knowing what their long term plan was but I think they're about a year or two ahead of schedule with where they thought they'd be. Gruden probably wanted a new QB for the big Vegas opening season, but Carr might have played himself into sticking around. Or he might have inflated his trade value to the point where the Raiders could move him for picks and try to use that haul to sneak into the top ten to get a guy like Tua, Eason, or Herbert. Carr's contract suddenly looks pretty good at the level he's playing at - three years at about 21 mil/year average and not much of it guaranteed. That's a bargain for competent QB play.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Not only that, but no real Plan B. They could have added a reliable backup either in the offseason or before the trade deadline. I think their offense might run a little more smoothly with Chase Daniel in but there's definitely a limit to how much he can do. I don't know. As bad as the o-line is I'm not sure it matters who's at QB for them.

Let's not forget, if the Trubisky pick wasnt bad enough, they passed over guys like Cooper Kupp, Joe Mixon, Alvin Kamara, Chris Godwin, Juju Smith-Schuster and Kareem Hunt for Adam Shaheen out of powerhouse Ashland who has 26 career receptions.

Their front office has to be the most inept in the four major sports.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Let's not forget, if the Trubisky pick wasnt bad enough, they passed over guys like Cooper Kupp, Joe Mixon, Alvin Kamara, Chris Godwin, Juju Smith-Schuster and Kareem Hunt for Adam Shaheen out of powerhouse Ashland who has 26 career receptions.

Their front office has to be the most inept in the four major sports.

And the Khalil Mack trade doesn't look as great this year. Maybe it's just opponents doing a better job of game planning for him but he's had a pretty quiet season.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
And the Khalil Mack trade doesn't look as great this year. Maybe it's just opponents doing a better job of game planning for him but he's had a pretty quiet season.

Im fine with the Mack trade, it made their above-average defense into an elite defense. The problem is he's getting double teamed alot because they have alot of guys injured, and their offense is so bad their defense is on the field alot more than they should be.