Official Utah Utes Welcome Thread

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Just a public service announcement:

The Moon family who owns it has donated tens of millions to the U of I athletics programs and are grads of the school out east. (Which probably means they would be irritated having anything Iowa State or Big 12 related being affiliated with their truck stop.)
Out of our pocket and into theirs. Trust me. They do not care.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Not gonna lie, I’m really digging this new vibe, truck stop conference of also-rans. This could be really fun.
A few years of on court and on field success spread around to a few teams would really solidify the grouping.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

Cy4All

Aug 20, 2022
Can you guys name another conference where every opposing fan prefers one in-conference rival over another? Eat ****, Utah, go Cougs!
I find it interesting how quickly an attitude can change. I remember there being a lot of hesitation, reluctance, and down right animosity toward BYU the last two times the Big XII added teams. All due to the perceived culture at BYU. It's interesting to see nearly universal acceptance now. It's almost like the Big XII adopted two new brothers. One who has been picked on for years and one who has been the bully. Now the entirety of the conference says look BYU we got your back you don't have to worry about those jerks at the U picking on you anymore.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
I find it interesting how quickly an attitude can change. I remember there being a lot of hesitation, reluctance, and down right animosity toward BYU the last two times the Big XII added teams. All due to the perceived culture at BYU. It's interesting to see nearly universal acceptance now. It's almost like the Big XII adopted two new brothers. One who has been picked on for years and one who has been the bully. Now the entirety of the conference says look BYU we got your back you don't have to worry about those jerks at the U picking on you anymore.
Um, my first thought was, "Okay, can we toss out Baylor and BYU now?"

• Haha
Reactions: LeaningCy and NWICY

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
monophy.gif

danderson84

Nov 25, 2013
Omaha
1691241404126.jpeg

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I remember the last time Utah came to Ames. Around 2012 or 3013. They kicked our butts. ISU started quick and took the lead and then collapsed. I think Utah had at least one kick return for a score.

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
Welcome to the Truck Stop Utes!!!

View attachment 115241

This is an actual place you can all visit in Iowa, although it's much closer to the vaunted local Big Ten school than the Big 12 Truck Stop which might really confuse you.
My uncle actually helped build the original I-80 truck stop. Worked there for 40 years.
He hated the Hawks!

Reactions: aauummm

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I remember the last time Utah came to Ames. Around 2012 or 3013. They kicked our butts. ISU started quick and took the lead and then collapsed. I think Utah had at least one kick return for a score.
2010. Shaky Smithson had 145 return yards. We lost 68-27. it was 14-10 good guys at the end of the 1st quarter. We try not to bring this up....

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Gem from Utah board in a rant about how this is a short stop on way to Big Ten…so grateful.

“We literally have the softest division in all of college football. Arizona, ASU, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, and BYU. “

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Gem from Utah board in a rant about how this is a short stop on way to Big Ten…so grateful.

“We literally have the softest division in all of college football. Arizona, ASU, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, and BYU. “
Says a team who hasn't beaten an a P5 team that's not in the PAC 12 in over 4 years.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

That poster must watch a lot of the BTN.

'2019 Nebraska/Northwestern was a classic!'