***Official USMNT Thread***

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Ya didn't see the Dest news. It was speculated that as soon as the Dutch showed interest this was done.

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/2...mnt-decision-international-career-netherlands

Any way, glad to be wrong on that one. Of Note: he played allot of LB for Ajax recently. Dest/Miazga/Brooks/Yedlin isn't a terrible back line. Now we all know GB will play Lovitz and Zimmerman and Long because the overlords at US Soccer/MLS will tell him too, but at least in theory that is a decent back line, with a really good GK to boot.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
They called in 10 players for the upcoming window, it's the European based guys, Dest among them and the usual ones, no Steffen due to knee tendinits, there's plans to call in more shortly but only US players

No US players yet afaik, definitely not Morris, C. Roldan, and Bradley as their teams are facing off for the third time in four years in the MLS Cup Final.

EDIT: So Steffen is playing for his club today...what the hell?

Last edited:

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I might go watch them play if they were playing down the street or something

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Zardes scores in the only way he can by shooting that first touch, but it will ice it. Have to admit after the corner kick goal I thought this might go sideways.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Tonight's Lineup vs Cuba in the Cayman Islands because Cuba's national stadium is undergoing repairs

Guzan, Yedlin, Long, Arriola, McKennie, Roldan, Morris, Ream, Yueill, Lovitz, Sargent.

6:30 PM on FS1

Also Rapinoe is set to give a guest lecture at Drake tonight starting at 7, it's free to everyone.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
I know this isn’t World Cup qualifying, but it’s kinda sad that our starting left back tonight was just selected in the MLS expansion draft.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
I know this isn’t World Cup qualifying, but it’s kinda sad that our starting left back tonight was just selected in the MLS expansion draft.

I've talked to a few people around there and nobody knows why Lovitz keeps getting called in. Like, it's a mystery. In fairness if this was a real game and not a way to try and repay Fox the 10 of millions US Soccer cost them by not qualifying, Dest would be the starting LB (he plays there allot for Ajax). Antonee Robinson is above him as well on the depth chart.

I'm just happy GB realized his system is stupid and went back to a more traditional style.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
So everything's set and squared away for the Nations League Semifinals officially
US vs Honduras and Mexico vs Costa Rica

Automatically qualifying for the 2021 Gold Cup
(Won their League A Group)
US
Mexico
Honduras
Costa Rica
(Finished 2nd in their League A Group)
Canada
Panama
Martinique
Curacao
(Won League B Group, gets promoted to League A)
Grenada
El Salvador
Jamaica
Suriname

Now for the '21 GC qualification playoffs
(Finished 2nd in League B Groups, Enters Round 1)
French Guiana
Montserrat
Guyana
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
(Finished First in League C, promotion to League B, Enters Round 1)
Barbados
Bahamas
Guatemala (They were suspended for a year, so they had to miss prelims and start in C)
Guadeloupe
(Finished 3rd in League A, Relegated to League B, Enters in the 2nd Round)
Cuba
Bermuda
Trinidad and Tobago
Haiti

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I didn't watch last night because of the basketball game and because Cuba is completely inept. Canada wasn't a great performance, but at least GGG let them play on the counter. Excellent work on set pieces as well. It's funny how goals change games. Canada forces a mistake and almost scores off the opening kickoff, then we go down and put one in the net off a corner. Complete confidence shift.